Ah yes the new shortblock is here... few pics

• Sponsors (?)

why did you let that thing go moneypit!!!

well cause i knew how much it would take to do things right with it, like Jesse is doing, and i recently put the blower on my car and i am pretty happy with the results so far.

Even though NA jesse will probably Annihilate me in torque and compete with me in hp...

GreenMustangGt said:
wow, jesse are you going to have that ebast running for fun ford weekend? damn i guess you wont wanna run it down the track with that t-5 tho. Oh whell hope you go anyway

It will be running by then for sure. I dont think i will be racing that day though, unless i have a trailer to get me home :D

I will be running it at the track once the engine is broken in though.

Yo Jesse, I know this is a sensitive issue due to the current stagnant oil crisis (Damn OPEC) but what do you think you will be getting for MPG? What gears are you running? What fuel will you be running? Im just curious because I like the idea of big cube power over forced induction. Also, when you go big like that what are the weak parts of our cars other than the trany?

Just trying to harness some info from those who have the answers!

Fawcett
[email protected]
FRPP 302 Crate 340bhp
w/e-cam and bolt-ons

fawcett said:
Yo Jesse, I know this is a sensitive issue due to the current stagnant oil crisis (Damn OPEC) but what do you think you will be getting for MPG? What gears are you running? What fuel will you be running? Im just curious because I like the idea of big cube power over forced induction. Also, when you go big like that what are the weak parts of our cars other than the trany?

Just trying to harness some info from those who have the answers!

Fawcett
[email protected]
FRPP 302 Crate 340bhp
w/e-cam and bolt-ons

Gas mileage really isnt a concern to me, but im sure it will be bad lol. The fuel injection should help, and once the tune is 100% there hopefully it wont be TOO BAD.

Ill be running 93 octane. The C/R will be about 10.1:1 to 10.2:1 with the heads/pistons.

Weak parts are the tranny of course, and the rear end. The stock axles cant take too many hard launchs, and the stock differential's clutchs tend to wear out.

Jesse do you have any tips for tuning my Gt-40X motor? I thought the mallary digital ignition would fix it, then I thought a nice Optima Battery would fix it... but my engine still doesn't run so well. It never overheats and I drive straight from Boston to Pittsburgh to go to college. Seems pretty durable too 606miles!. Historicly I've run it hard, Seems as if that trends going to continue too.

Fawcett

Sorry should specify a bit more. It stalls when I come to a stop, especially if I was just at WOT. I have eratic idiling- especially when the A/C is on. Any tips for timing, and fuel pressure.
Additional Parts I have under the hood include,
Black TrickFlow Track Heat Intake w/ spacer and Elbow
FRPP 65mm TM
Pro-M 80
Mallory Digital Ignition
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
FRPP 9mm wires
March Underdrive Pulleys
Optima Red Battery
Umm, I think thats about it... I may be forgetting a few.

Fawcett
[email protected]

I had stalling issues as well, and my fix was a tweecer. Once i set the idle via the tweecer to 900 i no longer stalled coming to stop lights or anything. We do have different cams though, i think the LSA is the same though.

I was running 15 or 16 degrees of timing. I had a MSD timing adjuster so i used to mess with it alot. About the fuel pressure i dont remember.. Car was running very rich though.