Air bag light

govtmule

Feb 24, 2004
Well, im selling the car today and am sad to see her go but i have an air bag light on that i want to clear before the new owner picks her up. I know you put a paper cliip on the two metal prongs under the glove box but i forgot the order of what you have to do. If someone could refresh me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

When you start the car the Air Bag light will flash and should read as a code. You will not be able to clear this. Many of us are chasing this issue. I wish it was as easy as a reset but its not. Most likely there is a low or high voltage issue running to the ABS module behind the radio. Mines a code 12 which is the a low voltage signal on the #14 pin connector.

Someone will probably post the veryuseful.com link to get you started.

something like u turn the key let it flash the code once and touch the two prongs with something metal it makes a beeping noise and it is cleared but i dont know it has been a while since i have done it

StangGT1995 said:
The link I posted above has the correct method to do it on there. It's a shame you're selling the car. Hope you get another someday :(

Yeah i got an '04 ram for the time being im sure i will have another mustang at some point, it is nice driving the truck though its a good change.