Air travel is a POS!!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't travel by air all that often but I know what you mean. Besides delays, what about prices! I'm going to London over spring break...talk about a rip-off. Of course I can't use any miles because of black out dates etc. :notnice:

I went last year, the price was actually decent, but once again a ton of delays. Currently I am still waiting to get back to Detroit, suck BS I was supposed to land in DTW at 1:20pm today and I'm still in NC.

i get to fly for free if i want!:D the gf works for an airline company. we just have to pay taxes. round trip from alberta to hawaii was like $67 for my gf a couple weeks ago.:p

and since i know it's only a matter of time:
yeah yeah yeah, pics are coming!:rolleyes: ... preverts.

My girl and I fly about every month, never had any real delays except when there were big snow storms in the area :shrug: You're picking bad flights, mang :p

yep

You are not a lone dude.

I have flown 3 times in the last 2 years and each time there has been a problem.

1st time, there was a group of 8 of us flying together, they bumped one of us (my younger cousin) so I stayed with her so she wouldn't have to sit alone till the next flight (6 hours). Why they would bump one of a group of 8 traveling together I have no idea....

2nd time, not a direct flight, on the way back the pilot doesn't show for our connecting flight. Had to wait overnight for the next flight back. (about 18 hours later)

3rd time, not a direct flight either, overbooked flight, my wife and I got bumped. Had to wait for next flight (about 14 hours later).

2 of these flights were United, I can't remember the other airline.

I hate flying. :notnice:

One day I had to switch planes in Tampa, on a flight from Alabama to West Palm Beach. The plane I was to get on had a problem so we had to wait for another plane....they told us it was going to be 4hrs before the next plane was to land. Now normally 4hrs might not be a big deal, but when you add in the 1hr flight time, that is a total of 5hrs before I would land in WPB. Mind you it takes roughly 3hrs to drive.

I asked them to get me a discount on a one-way car rental, but they wouldn't budge. I inquired about pricing for a one-way but all they had were SUVs and the one-way charge was insane...so I hung out at the bar for 4 hours....all in all, it was a good day.