Airing of greavences!!

I bought an 89 gt once and when taking it apart for numerous problems found that the headlight switch was rewired with speaker wire and spliced together with the most effective twisted wire and electrical tape joint. Ditched that project way too many problems and the car was two tone pearl white and bright pink. Hell now that I think about it it had a Ford t-5 with Chevy brass syncos and was filled with gear oil. Just a pos and I ended up parting it out and breaking even.

• Sponsors (?)

Chuckman said:
my old lx was very, well, i guess jury-rigged is the best way to put it. the po had gotten a dui and had to have a breathalizer hooked up to legally be able to drive to work, it acted as an ignition interuppter, if it didnt like what it smelled, it would ground out the coil. the shop that took it out was stupid enough to just let the ground wire under the dash hanging and strung up to the dash frame, when i went to do the heater core in the thing, i hooked the wire up thinking it was some sort of dash ground. car didnt start for a week and a half untill i realized what was going on.

also, while doing heatercore, i found all the light paddle switches had all been cut and were just electical-taped together. that was a pita to fix.

and, of course the radio was screwed up, it was a pos aiwa without the mounting plate. he just used a couple hose clamps screwed end to end to hold it to the console frame.

now my gt didnt really have any problems, it didnt pass emissions the first time, but a new egr, pcv, and plugs cured that.

I had one of those gay breathalyzers in my stang a few years back when i was 19. PITA. :nonono:

Prior owner(s):
- E-Brake doesn't work. All lines cut.
- Ashtray door. ($#@!)
- Set up a NOS switch, that doesn't work or is even set up to work. Just the switch installed. :bs:
- A/C doesn't work.
- Both doors don't close correctly. (The old lift up and push in method).
- Two holes in the drives seat.

slow95gt said:
are you seroius those breathalyzers come in cars!!! I saw that on the 40 yearols virgin and thought it was just somethin they make up.. LOL thats funny I dont care who ya is!!

id never heard of it till he showed me his little "toy." id seen it in the autotrader ad but just thought it was somthing to do with the headunit or something. that should have been the first sign to not buy that car.

smokin91' said:
I had one of those gay breathalyzers in my stang a few years back when i was 19. PITA. :nonono:
Drink and drive= Just the stupidest thing ever..ask my buddy Garry...oh that's right you can't...dead don't answer. I've completely lost any respect for you my friend.