All Junkyard Elect.Fans that will work in fox?

bryanrevans

Sep 10, 2004
Chicopee,Mass
I know this has been beatin to death.Theres many threads in search.I am going to the junkyard today lookin for a electric fan.I just completed the 130 amp alt upgrade.What are all the Make,Model,year cars.I am aware of 94-95 5.0 but what else???? :flag: I need to list what I can use!!!!!!!!
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

bryanrevans said:
I know you are still trying to find good way to control your fan.what fan did you go with is it good?What power source are you using to shut it off???

Mine is off of a 1994 Lincoln Continential. It's a 2 speed fan (High and Low) I picked it up for like $35 at a junk yard. I've used it on 2 different cars in almost 3 years. I have no complaints what so ever about it. I currently am using a $20 thermostatically controlled fan controlled that basically reads relevant air across the radiator. It's been 2-3 days and it's worked well. It took a little while to "tune" so I get it to where I want it. I have the stock 2 core radiator and stock thermostat and have it set-up so that I am between 190*-202* during all sorts of driving (easy and spirited). I am also only using the fan on low and have never had to hook up high to keep either car cool. Even in my last car when I lived in Tampa, but that was a 3 core radiator too.

Right now it cycles on and off for a good 20-60mins, during the day, after the car is off but I have noticed it does not take anything away from the battery aka starting problems. It helps to have a 3G also :) I will also be installing a 92+ starter this weekend which takes less to start the car too, so that will help when staring the car after the fan has cycled for a while. As it gets warmer I will find a source to get switched power from.

I havent started the car yet but i had to swap the smaller plug since mine had 2 wires.I got 1 off a 93 with the white 3rd wire in the middle.a 125 amp fuse/holder and 4g wire were hard to find.I joined the middle white in that plugg with the white wire on back of 3g alt.i hope this is correct.I swear I feel like the 86 5.0 is a redheaded step child in the 5.0 family!!!!

The 3.8 Taurus, even some volvo fan will fit somehow, my buddy did it on his blown 93 notch after he added the blower. He had the 3.8 Taurus Fan on it before. You can also get the LT1 or LS1 F-Bodys fans to work too, not sure what all is involved but I sold my LT1 fans off my 94 Z28 to a local with an 85 GT. Those fans move ALOT of air too. Mark VIII fans will work, SN95 fans.