Almost drove away in a 03 Roush Classic today...

rvlyssup

Founding Member
Jun 1, 2002
$0 down with 1.9% FMC financing

380HP Stage 3 Killer stang. 1 of 50 made I was told. Drove a 04 Orange GT (kewl color BTW) first and boy what a difference 120HP makes plus the car is 300lbs lighter.

Sigh :(

Payments would have killed the average joe ($938.00)/mo. And it only had 29 miles in the odometer.

Walked away just before I signed the docs. Maybe I go back tomorrow??

• Sponsors (?)

rvlyssup said:
($938.00)/mo. Maybe I go back tomorrow??

I think if you go back then you must have lost your damn mind. Are you seriously wanting to take on a $1,000/mo payment, and for just a car???? I dont care if you make minimum wage or if you make $200 an hour; that's just ridiculous.

atlblue2000 said:
I think if you go back then you must have lost your damn mind. Are you seriously wanting to take on a $1,000/mo payment, and for just a car???? I dont care if you make minimum wage or if you make $200 an hour; that's just ridiculous.

That is why I am still here reading the forums. The dealer has already called me back 3 times this morning.

I think I am just going to wait until October or November when 04 clearance is on for a Cobra or an 05 GT.

Payments will be a lot manageable. It was a sweet car though... :banana:

I've owned V8 Camaros and others in the past but this car hauls A$$. :nice:

rvlyssup said:
And it only had 29 miles in the odometer.

For $938 a month, that thing better have 4-7 miles on it and the seats had better be wrapped with ALL the factory stickers still in the window.
Basically untouched by even the dealer.

I agree that it would be a good idea to just wait for the '05 to come out. Dealers will prolly be having a rough time trying to give the '04's away.
But it is easy to fall in love with the Roush's. Their gauges alone are just beautiful. :drool:

rvlyssup said:
$0 down with 1.9% FMC financing

380HP Stage 3 Killer stang. 1 of 50 made I was told. Drove a 04 Orange GT (kewl color BTW) first and boy what a difference 120HP makes plus the car is 300lbs lighter.

Sigh :(

Payments would have killed the average joe ($938.00)/mo. And it only had 29 miles in the odometer.

Walked away just before I signed the docs. Maybe I go back tomorrow??

Don't know all the particulars of your situation... However, if you're interested in Roush Mustangs and don't want to drop that much coin; look into a used one. There are a lot of used Stage 3's for sale right now. Many of them are in the mid to high 20K range. Much more reasonable monthly payment. And, as opposed to the Classic, you get the full Stage 3 suspension and Alcon brakes (on Premiums).

[QUOTE='66 coupe]For $938 a month, that thing better have 4-7 miles on it and the seats had better be wrapped with ALL the factory stickers still in the window.
Basically untouched by even the dealer.[/QUOTE]

for 938 a month, they better let me drive it off the damn assembley line.:doh:

98StangRidah said:
Don't overkill yourself with payments AND insurance. But, if you can afford it and want it, go for it. BTW I personally think that the Roush's are way overpriced, considering the mods.

:stupid: For $1k a month payments, I won't be driving anything that isn't Italian made, I can tell you that. Roush is making a killing off the namesake on those Stangs. I can't believe people pay that kind of cash for them. :shrug: :notnice:

Comparing the Stage 3's to Vipers or Italians is apples to oranges. S3's run $40-60K. Vipers run around $80K. The sexy Italians are $100K++. Looking at it in monthly payments doesn't make sense.

A more fair comparison is to compare the S3 to something in its price range; such as the Corvette. It gives you Corvette-level performance for about the same money. Some people would rather have the prestige of a 'Vette for that much money; that's their prerogative. Others prefer the rarity and functionality (read: back seat) of the Roush instead. To each his own. :flag:

Burningwick said:
Comparing the Stage 3's to Vipers or Italians is apples to oranges. S3's run $40-60K. Vipers run around $80K. The sexy Italians are $100K++. Looking at it in monthly payments doesn't make sense.

A more fair comparison is to compare the S3 to something in its price range; such as the Corvette. It gives you Corvette-level performance for about the same money. Some people would rather have the prestige of a 'Vette for that much money; that's their prerogative. Others prefer the rarity and functionality (read: back seat) of the Roush instead. To each his own. :flag:

IF I were going to pay $1k a month for a car, it would be an Italian or I wouldn't do it. That's what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't personally call any Mustang "rare." You know if you ever trade the dang thing, you're gonna get nothing for it b/c dealerships could care less. Also, the Roush body kits must be the most expensive ones ever made, b/c I don't see $30k in performance mods done to the stock $25k GT to warrant such an outrageous price tag. Give me a Cobra for $35k and I'll go invest $20k into the engine and smoke Roush Stangs all day, thanks. Roush= :notnice: in my book.

Mean03V6 said:
IF I were going to pay $1k a month for a car, it would be an Italian or I wouldn't do it. That's what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't personally call any Mustang "rare." You know if you ever trade the dang thing, you're gonna get nothing for it b/c dealerships could care less. Also, the Roush body kits must be the most expensive ones ever made, b/c I don't see $30k in performance mods done to the stock $25k GT to warrant such an outrageous price tag. Give me a Cobra for $35k and I'll go invest $20k into the engine and smoke Roush Stangs all day, thanks. Roush= :notnice: in my book.

Roush, Saleen, etc. do depreciate pretty fast, I will give you that. That's why I suggested to the thread starter that he buy a USED Roush. As for rarity, it depends on how you want to look at it. If you group Roushes in with all other Mustangs then they are certainly not rare. Since they do go through their own factory and get their own build number many consider them separate (maybe wishful thinking.) The Classic discussed above is 1 of 50 ever made. As for Stage 3's there have been less than 300. While driving one, you don't see too many cars just like yours driving around so they do get noticed. And that's half the point of having a rare car (money would be the other; but I already mentioned that :( ).

The argument that you can buy car X, modify it, and beat car Y is an old one and has some merit. Yes, it's a cheap way to compete with more expensive cars and us Mustang owners have done it for decades. However, there are always downfalls: there's no guarantee on the final results of your modding, there's no warranty, you never have the prestige of car Y. Yes, a Cobra owner could take the $10K difference between his car and mine and dump it into suspension and brakes and keep up with me. Heck, he might even beat me. But, that wouldn't prove a thing. There's more to a car than just the performance aspect. At the end of the day, I would rather drive home a Roush and I would bet the Cobra owner feels the same way about his Cobra.

Burningwick said:
Don't know all the particulars of your situation... However, if you're interested in Roush Mustangs and don't want to drop that much coin; look into a used one. There are a lot of used Stage 3's for sale right now. Many of them are in the mid to high 20K range. Much more reasonable monthly payment. And, as opposed to the Classic, you get the full Stage 3 suspension and Alcon brakes (on Premiums).

Yes, it does have the Alcon brake package, full Stage 3 Suspension and 18 Argent Roush Wheels. It is #035 of 50 made...yes the guages are just bootyful...

And she is sitting in my garage. I'm gonna miss my six...she sure was a purtty car. :nice:

Did you hopefully talk them down a little bit, or did you take their "we just bent you over our knee and no we wont even have the courtesy to lube your anus before we ram your hole" price?? Sorry, I can't help myself...$1,000/mo. for a car is just insanity in my book, but at least it is quite a jump for you and less common than the Cobra (although that still would have been my choice).

atlblue2000 said:
Did you hopefully talk them down a little bit, or did you take their "we just bent you over our knee and no we wont even have the courtesy to lube your anus before we ram your hole" price?? Sorry, I can't help myself...$1,000/mo. for a car is just insanity in my book, but at least it is quite a jump for you and less common than the Cobra (although that still would have been my choice).

:stupid: 100%

Burningwick said:
Roush, Saleen, etc. do depreciate pretty fast, I will give you that. That's why I suggested to the thread starter that he buy a USED Roush. As for rarity, it depends on how you want to look at it. If you group Roushes in with all other Mustangs then they are certainly not rare. Since they do go through their own factory and get their own build number many consider them separate (maybe wishful thinking.) The Classic discussed above is 1 of 50 ever made. As for Stage 3's there have been less than 300. While driving one, you don't see too many cars just like yours driving around so they do get noticed. And that's half the point of having a rare car (money would be the other; but I already mentioned that :( ).

The argument that you can buy car X, modify it, and beat car Y is an old one and has some merit. Yes, it's a cheap way to compete with more expensive cars and us Mustang owners have done it for decades. However, there are always downfalls: there's no guarantee on the final results of your modding, there's no warranty, you never have the prestige of car Y. Yes, a Cobra owner could take the $10K difference between his car and mine and dump it into suspension and brakes and keep up with me. Heck, he might even beat me. But, that wouldn't prove a thing. There's more to a car than just the performance aspect. At the end of the day, I would rather drive home a Roush and I would bet the Cobra owner feels the same way about his Cobra.

I can respect that.