Alternatives for the Pirelli P-zeros?

dleone

Aug 7, 2009
Hi all,
I'm about to get my first Mustang (a GT), the problem I'm having is that all the cars my local dealer (San Jose, CA) is offering, have the 19inch P-zero Pirellis. Now I don't really care about whether the wheels are 18 or 19 inch (call it ignorance, or whatever). But what worries me is that those p-zeros go for like $395 apiece.
Do any of you know of cheaper alternatives? Or should I just insist on a car with 18inch wheels?

• Sponsors (?)

If cost is a concern, then stick with the 18 inch setup. I don't think the 19's are worth it, just for the looks. Plus you have less cushion when you hit a big hole in the road.

If cost is a concern, then stick with the 18 inch setup. I don't think the 19's are worth it, just for the looks. Plus you have less cushion when you hit a big hole in the road.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
Yes, cost is definitely a concern. I did get the original price from an online review and I thought I had seen the price online also.
The point that the 19inch have less cushion is very useful - we've got bad freeways here in California.... I'll have to see if I can find one with 18inch wheels.
Thanks again!!

also i have heard that bigger rims are more rotating mass so in theory make it a tad slower dont shoot me its just something the old guys at the shop make fun of :D