Aluminum Radiators

• Sponsors (?)

Check myt sig for pics of my Afco racing rad... It cools great, even with the samll electric fan I have on there now. My car runs 180-190 here in the south on mid summer days. And at night I it will run around 160-170 around town. On the road it runs about 150-160 with the fan off.... This is with a 180* thermostat and a standard water pump with underdrive pullies.

A lot of us have 180 T-Stats...I was wondering if those of us who have good radiators find that our temp is actually a lot lower then optimal. For instance, Myke is running as cold as 150-160. I thought our engines make the most power at about 190. So if our radiators are up to the job shouldn't we have 194 T-stats?

If you haven't purchased a radiator yet you may want to look into a Ron Davis radiator. I have it in my car and I love it. I know of several people out here in Phoenix that run the same radiator and have never had a problem with it.

My Ron Davis was $250, no complaints.The place I bought it from sold Fluidyne also, which is what I wanted when I called them- they told me I would have to be a complete idiot to pay another $100 for the name when this Ron Davis is just as good. IDK- it's great, but the Fluidyne adds have this real hot chick in them...

The AFCO is $179.95 and they had a special when you ordered from their site, of $5 shipping. ($184.95 to you door) www.afcoracing.com Do a search on the forum and the part you should a few threads about this....

mikeoforchard - I was thinkin the same thing about running abit too cool and thinking about putting a 195* thermo in and test it out.....

I think that any t-stat below 194 is a bandaid...At least it seems that way. I heard that our cars make the most power at right about 195, so any cooler than that and I think the car might run a little rich? I'm not sure but with my new radiator, my car is considerably cooler, and I'm thinking about trying the 195 again.