American Thunder

• Sponsors (?)

Ive got a Pro-Chamber with two Magnaflow cats on my car (also have 2 chamber flows) and it sounds pretty damn mean to me. Ive heard it from the outside and the inside and it sounds great. Pretty mellow at idle, but when you are cruising it has a great low tone. When you get on it its pretty loud and aggressive sounding.

its really up to you, i have a catted x-pipe and maganflows turn downs, sounds real clean at idle and when i get on it loud but.... not loud enough,i live in cali, emmissions suck monkey a**!!! thinking about buying 1 chambers and l/ts but keeping my x, not sure if its loud ???? never heard on anyone with that set up ????

Mr GT 02 said:
Hey..Anyone have any suggestions as to what MIDPIPE I should get? Does The MagnaFlow Catted X pipe Sound bad ass with American Thunder? I know, I know... I should get an OFF ROAD pipe....But I cant ...cause Of Emissions.

yea, i have the same problem and question...which one would be the best midpipe? i was thinking of a BBK cat'd H unless someone strongly suggests against it

fellamansteve said:
If I had to make one complaint about the American Thunder kit, it's that you can't turn down the noise level when cops are following you all over town. That's happened to me twice in the past 24 hours. Once last night on my way to a baseball game, a cop followed me from just leaving my friend's house all the way to the stadium. And then this morning, four cops were departing from a little meeting about a mile from my house; one got in front of me and the other three behind me, all four were by me most of the way to work this morning.

But I suppose you'll have that problem with any exhaust kit...damn pigs.
It ain't that loud! You musta been doin something else...(JK) :D :rlaugh: :lol:
Wait til ya get a mid pipe...they'll be all over ya like a cheap suit! :D
I really haven't had any sort of issue with the cops, in mine or my wife's (with a custom, single catted H, which is pretty loud-much louder than my 02) And I don't even blink when I see them. I'll power right thru the gears and make some sweet V8 noise and then sit right on the speed limt and have never had any issue with the cops. (Knock on wood!) :nice: One even asked my wife to rev it up for him and he gave her the thumbs up...oh to have boobs! :D

i love my american thunder just keeps getting loud and my smile kepps getting bigger. when i had my stock catback off i cranked my car to see how it would sound. it sounded like magnaflows... i was close to throwing up. the way i look at it is.... if you want a muscle car sound (which is waht a MUSTANG is) get the flowmasters. if you want a more exotic import like sound get the magnaflows. if you want your car to sound like a f-body get the borla. i gaurantee that if i had two fart cans hanging from the back of my car it would sound just like that magnapacks. if you like it hey thats your business. i LOVE my American Thunder though.