AmericanMuscle.com issue

spock2001us

Aug 23, 2005
I ordered online a Pypes exhaust combo which came with a Pypes xpipe. As soon as I hit enter to complete the purchase I read a few Reviews and several peeps did not like the Pypes xpipe. So, within a few minutes of entering my order I called AmericanMuscle. He asked me a few questions about my credit card and told me there should not be a problem with the Pypes xpipe but the decision was up to me. As I was talking to him, my credit/debit card cleared and my order was approved. I figured oh well, Pypes midpipe it is.

After a few minutes I called back and got a girl on the phone. I told her I wanted to change to the BBK xpipe. She told me it was too late, and that my order had already shipped via UPS. This was a total of about 5-10 mins after my order was approved. She put me on hold for a minute or two, then told me tough luck, per her manager.:ban:

After a few minutes of thought, I called again to see if I could talk to a supervisor. The guy on the phone told me to buzz off (not really, but you get the idea). I told him "my next call was to my bank to deny the charge and when the exhaust comes, it was going in the garbage.":nono:

After about a minute wait, he came back on and said they intercepted my order (from UPS I guess..LOL) and I canceled and corrected my order.

On the positive side, the order was promptly shipped and it arrived 2 days later.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Pypes X and other then it being a little I have no complaints. I could raise it up some if I cared that much but I don't. Nice to see customer service working to it's potential. It used to be the customer is always right, not so much anymore. Now you have to threaten to cancel the order and contact CC companies to get anything done.

After reading your other thread you should have stuck with the Pypes X. I have heard other X pipes have that tin sound but mine doesn't. Just a nice smooth rumble.