Amp location

notny41

Aug 15, 2004
Minnesota
I'm going to be dropping in an amp so my sterio sounds a little better. I'm wondering if people would be willing to post some pix of where they located their sterio equipment on their classic ponies. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i was wondering the same thing. D Durden's idea seems optimal.

hey notny41 have you chosen an amp yet? what size are those speakers in the back anyway?

my current system is crap lol i need help upgrading. If you've figured out what you're getting notny41, i'd appreciate some help :)

Well, my inside rear quarters have the holes molded into it and the previous owner had some very thin grilles on it (thin enought to allow the folddown seat to go up and down with no interference) along with some 20 year old radio shack 6x9's. And one of those old analog am/fm radios custom made for the classic mustangs. It is a crappy thing - just has the tone control on it, but I think it will be good enough. I'm not going for show quality sound here. Just something that will be louder than the exhaust and sound decent. :D

So I swapped out the old 6x9's out for some Walmart special 6x9 three way's ($20/pr) that will take more watts and should sound a little better. But the radio doesn't have enough guts to drive them properly.

My bother told me he has an optimus 110 amp in his garage that I could just have, so I'm going to plop that in and see if that improves the sound from the 6x9's.

Mounting the amp to the speaker box would be ideal, but I'm going to try it without a speaker box first.

Is there room under either of the front seats to mount an amp?

I was thinking about trunk mounting the amp but would like to put it somewhere else if possible.

Radio

Speakers