Need help with Microsquirt idle

FirstFox93

Mar 8, 2024
New York
Hey everyone, I’m new here so be easy. I just picked up my first Foxbody. It’s a 93 GT with 347 stroker. I’m having some idle issues with Microsquirt and have no idea where to begin. I did a datalog with it idling, and also when I hit the throttle it just wants to fall on its face after RPMs drop back down. I don’t know how to get it to the point where I can give it fuel/come to a stop, without it just wanting to die. I’m new to Microsquirt/Tuning as a whole but want to learn. I can upload a datalog, show my fuel/ignition tables/ whatever is needed. Thank you.

Attachments

• first log idle.mlg
    322.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    281.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sponsors (?)

The IAC duty cycle is pretty high, I'd recommend opening the throttle stop screw slightly (calibrate TPS after) to bring it down to 30-35 at an idle.

If you'd prefer not to adjust the throttle stop screw, calibrate the TPS--currently reading -0.6. Then adjust the idle initial values table, it currently drops well below the number recorded at a stable idle. This needs to be slightly higher than normal idle duty cycle, try 52-55 range and tune accordingly.

Last edited:
You have 2 ignition timing tables and table switching is turned off. Table 1 has crazy swings in commanded timing, Table 3 timing table looks good. Make this one your primary or enable table switch.

You have 2 ignition timing tables and table switching is turned off. Table 1 has crazy swings in commanded timing, Table 3 timing table looks good. Make this one your primary or enable table switch.
ive made some adjustments on timing table 1, i havent touched anything on timing table 3, im brand new to this. im not sure how to go about the table switching and making 1 or the other the primary. ill watch a few more videos and see if i can get it figured out. thank you for the advice

The idle PWM is pretty high, I'd recommend opening the throttle stop screw slightly (calibrate TPS after) to bring it down to 30-35 at an idle.

If you'd prefer not to adjust the throttle stop screw, calibrate the TPS--currently reading -0.6. Then adjust the idle initial values table, it currently drops well below the number recorded at a stable idle. This needs to be slightly higher than normal idle PWM, try 52-55 range and tune accordingly.
so the idle pwm is set to 10? is that what your seeing? i did calibrate my tps today before i did anything with the car. i had to get my timing set with the trigger wizard. im trying to understand what your saying. i havent really changed much in the fuel/ignition tables. i think i need to sit and watch some videos on idle values table etc...im kinda learning this all as i go. thank you.

Save table 3 and then load the settings when table 1 is open, essentially copy and paste.

The Idle duty cycle is currently at 49.8 at target idle RPM. Open the idle initial values table under the startup/idle tab. Bring the lower values up.