Anderson PMS

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
I've had a couple people tell me I need to drop a grand on one of these and learn to use it, and I'll never need to pay a tuner to work on my car. I've heard they work great for turbo applications, and you can get datalogging software and a laptop to go with it and you're golden.

Now, I'm still looking at turbo setups, and fuel system stuffs, and not anywhere close to buying this yet, but I want to have an idea which way to go, and I DON'T want to load my car up and drag it to a tuner everytime I decide to change something..

Anybody got opinions or experience with Anderson PMS tuners?

EDIT: I've read good stuff on corral, just hoping to hear something from someone I may know..

• Sponsors (?)

I've used the PMS for years all the various versions. Its a good piggy back system and can be very powerful in the right hands...if you want full control look at a Big Stuff3 or a FAST system. You could also buy a SCT chip, SCT pro racer package and a chipper and tune it your self as well.

The key to making any of the tuners or packages work is in the USERS hands.

The key to making any of the tuners or packages work is in the USERS hands.

^^^ This is why I'm finding the Anderson unit so attractive, because of how simple everyone claims it to be. Apparently you can set them after a certain rpm to run standalone up to 9900 rpm and it's plug and play...

PMS is simple and can do quite a bit. SCT is a better software but can get expensive for the full Pro package and a burner. Its also quite complicated. I spent 4 months perfecting a trans tune once. :rlaugh:
FAST is an excellent system that learns very well and can make proper and fast adjustments on the fly. If you have the coin its a great system.
Hope I cornfused you some. :D

PMS is simple and can do quite a bit. SCT is a better software but can get expensive for the full Pro package and a burner. Its also quite complicated. I spent 4 months perfecting a trans tune once. :rlaugh:
FAST is an excellent system that learns very well and can make proper and fast adjustments on the fly. If you have the coin its a great system.
Hope I cornfused you some. :D

Thanks, Bill!:nice: