Another 1.7RR question

I did a search first and may be more confused than when I started. I have a few questions.I have no plans of replacing the heads or the cam, I have a Cobra intake and 3:73 gears waiting to be installed

1- With the intake, gears and the stuff in my sig, will I get my performance dollars worth out of some 1.7RR while I am installing the intake?I don't want to mess with it if it isn't worth while.

2- If I do get some, as I understand, the Crane Cobras will fit under my stock valve covers with no mods. Is this true?

3- Would I get anything from a bigger MAF instead of the RR's or both?

4- Would a tweecer do me anygood after I do whatever changes I decided to do or do I even have enough mods to mess with it?

I know everyone is going to say "save your money for H/C" but I don't want to go that route. I don't want to have to change injectors either.I don't want to put much more money in the motor.

• Sponsors (?)

3- Would I get anything from a bigger MAF instead of the RR's or both?

4- Would a tweecer do me anygood after I do whatever changes I decided to do or do I even have enough mods to mess with it?

3- I think there is a larger chance of having problems with the MAF and possibly no power gain. The benifits are alittle unpredictable.

4- Depends on how you look at it. I don't think that the cost will justify the performance gains. But it would still be a good thing to have anyway, that's just me.

as far as i have gathered and im sure its gonna be debated but the 1.7rr is genrally an option for people who dont want to do their cam. if you read my sig i did both but they where chosen for me and i would prefer a good cut cam and 1.6rr. the reason i prefer the 1.6 is that on the tips of my valves i noticed the wear pattern is offcenter which is a good sign my valvetrain is outta wack but insufficient funds and patience are holding me back from redoing it myself.

Ok here is your answeres

1. Yes you will feel a power gain from 1.7 RR's not a bunch but some none the less, They will fit under your stock valve covers (crane gold cobra RR's for sure), tweecer is a good investment if you plan on taking the time to learn it and use it properly, and more mods in the future. MAF meter will make you some more power but unpredictable how much. If your looking for RR's I have my stock cobras sitting in my garage I also still have my gt 40 heads sitting there as well as the stock cam. They have about 30000 miles on them.

you have to remove the baffel from the passenger side valve cover in order for the rockers to work, i believe you would benefit more from the rockers than a maf, do the intake and the gears, and while you have the intake off, throw in those 1.7s, you wont be dissapointed.