Another Plenum Thread

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
Ozark, Missouri
Ok. Does anyone have any experience with the following plenums ?

Grantelli Motorsports Plenum: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=347300&prmenbr=361

Only 99.99 on sale at Jegs! :eek:

They also have the same plenum with a FRPP 70mm throttle body in a combo for 333.99:http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=409892&prmenbr=361

BBK Plenum: http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/bbk1760.html

My brother ordered this piece recently. It arrived the other day and I've been polishing the inside of it for a smoother air flow surface. I'll try to post some pics once I'm done and if I get a new digital camera. BTW, its a nice piece. It should match my brothers 75mm BBK throttle body perfectly.

Mac Performance Plenum:http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=775

You can buy this one polished or unpolished. Sizing is 75mm inside for either one you order. They also offer the throttle body combo's as displayed on that page.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with these plenums ? I know Accufab, Trickflow, Dragon, and C&L are all well known but I'm asking about these cause I dont know anyone who is using them. I'm really curious about the Grantelli Motorsports one. If nothing else, I might get that one just to try it out. Can't beat the price.

• Sponsors (?)

I hgave the same plenum. Its basically a C&L with their name on it (so I heard) and from the looks of it, I believe them. For performance results, I went here, click and looked at how the C&L performed. I paid 99.00 for the Plenum, and grabbed an accufab 75mm for 180.00 off of ebay. All in all, im satisfied with the results.
Now with the downside, The spot on the back of the Plenum where the throttle cables bolt down (with the 2 bolts), was not milled back far enough for the black pc. to set flush, so I had to use my grinder to cut some material to allow for a flush seat. still not too bad for 99.00. Those along with the JLT, really gave the car some get up and go! :banana:

35thstang99 said:
i have a 70 mm tb bbk is it two small for the gms plenum for 99.00?
I don't see why it would be. Most aftermarket plenums are bored 75mm on their internal surface space. As long as the throttle body isn't larger than the internal space of the plenum, you should be fine. BTW, thanks for the post 12amracer, I appreciate it. I figured there might be some fitting issues with a 99 dollar piece, but as you said, it's not bad for 99 dollars.

flashstang04 said:
seat of the pants diff??

yes..no??

Yeah, but I'm glad I didnt spend 400+ on the accufab. Pulleys or timing adjuster do the same for much less cash. Recently people got way carried away with the plenum stuff.

007 said:
Yeah, but I'm glad I didnt spend 400+ on the accufab. Pulleys or timing adjuster do the same for much less cash. Recently people got way carried away with the plenum stuff.

Yeah, right around the time the almighty intake spacer came out.....sounds like it may be worth it if your timing is already bumped and pullies are installed.

flashstang04 said:
Yeah, right around the time the almighty intake spacer came out.....sounds like it may be worth it if your timing is already bumped and pullies are installed.

I just had the mod bug, and paid 300 for them. It looks great and they was an improvement, but it drives me nuts seeing folks without gears buying plenums and throttle bodys for more cash. WTF.

I just ordered the BBK 75mm TB, BBK Elbo, and the BBK fuel pressure regulator.... I will let you all know how it turns out. I bet it will be awesome with my new nitrous setup. Add just a bit more fuel pressure to the mix to make sure I dont have any detonation.... woot!!!

i bought the MAC plenum because I thought it was the cheapest out there at the time. i ran into a couple problems during the install because of manufacturing mistakes. probably added an extra 2 hours onto the install, but its on now and works great. It was $260 for the plenum and a 70MM TB....not bad at all.

inferno9898 said:
i bought the MAC plenum because I thought it was the cheapest out there at the time. i ran into a couple problems during the install because of manufacturing mistakes. probably added an extra 2 hours onto the install, but its on now and works great. It was $260 for the plenum and a 70MM TB....not bad at all.
What kind of trouble did you run into during the install?

Fubar02GT said:
99 dollar plenum? wOOt!

if youre thinking about getting this plenum, call jegs and make sure that they send you 4 plenum bolts and the 2 egr bolts. the first one they sent me had no hardware so i thought i could use the stock bolts and ended up breaking the egr end while trying to tighten up the egr bolts :owned: . i called jegs they made it right and had no problem with the next one.

as far as sotp goes i cant tell a diff. but ive had the tb on for a couple years prior. i installed a c&l on my friends 00gt a while back and imo the only diff between the two were $60 and 2 letters.