Another Plenum Thread

• Sponsors (?)

twogts4us said:
$234.00 - That's a pricey FRPP 70mm TB! For less than that, you can get an Accufab TB.
Yeah, I thought that to be a bit bizzare myself. I think its a price scam. They figure someone isn't smart enough to do the math and they'll make money by making it "appear" to be a good deal, when really it isn't.

Crzyhrse99'm glad to hear you posted about your experience with the Grantelli Motorsports plenum from Jegs and the difficulties you had. Least now we all know to make sure Jegs includes some EGR bolts and new plenum bolts to match the new plenum. Thanks again.

BTW, I've finshed porting and polishing my brothers BBK plenum. I could of spent more time on it, but didn't wish to. Its very shiny smooth on the inside though. It should help out greatly in terms of air flow. It sucks we can't get the digital camera to working on this computer. I would of loved to show you guys some pics.

I removed his stock intake plenum and let me tell you, the oil residue build up in his stock plenum is rediculous. I'm going to have to clean the lower intake with some carb and choke cleaner just to make sure it gets cleaned up as well. I disassembled his BBK 75 mm throttle body, which was already on the car. I cleaned all the old oil and gunk off it and made it shine like new, if not better. I used a 320 gritt sanding pad to polish up the throttle body and some mothers metal polish to clean it up. Looks great. We've also got a home made filtration device for the PCV, so hopefully that will keep the oil out of the intake from now on. I'm going to put the plenum and throttle body back on tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it goes and what his results are. :nice: