another prochamber question

spikeGT_99

May 3, 2004
Jackson, Ms
just instaled my new prochamber and i love the sound coming out of the tail pipes, but that hollow metallic sound coming off the chamber itself is getting on my nerves and i was wondering if i had put something together wrong, or if it just sounds like that is there anything i can do to shut it up.

thanks. Spike.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey!
Unfortunately I can't answer your question but you might be able to help me with a prochamber question of my own. I just bought mine and it is being installed as we speak, should be done tomorrow. I am getting longtube headers at the same time. Did you tie you're prochamber into your stock exhaust system and if so did you have any problems? Sorry I can't be of much help to you. Maybe tomorrow I'll know the sound you're talking about.

You should not hear any other noises other than an exhaust note. Raise the car up and get under there and look for anything that may be making contact with the exhaust. Also make sure you did not leave one nut loose, or one did not come loose; that could cause a vibrating noise.

I have heard some pretty "interesting" noises when stock mufflers are used with an aftermarket midpipe. Most producing a metallic tone at low RPM's up until 2k or so. If you get under there and dont see anything wrong it could be just the way the PC sounds with stock mufflers. I, myself, have noticed that the prochamber produces a distinct gurgling noise when under throttle at low rpms. If your willing to spend another 140-200 bucks have some Flowpaths or flowmasters welded in. Hope you get it figured out man.

Brian

i tightened everything up and noticed that the harness holding the rear O2 sensors was touching the chamber after tightening and moving the harness up it quieted down a lot, but its still there, ive been thinking about putting something on it to quiet it down like header wrap or something along those lines, tell me if this is a dumb idea.
Thanks. Spike

If you have the new 3 peice Pro Chamber then that noise you
re hearing could just be the chamber itself. I've now gone through 2 of the new chambers. The chamber itself cavitates at idle and under hard driving, it causes the welds to separate on the chamber itself.

Below is a pic of my first one. Anywhere you see a weld there was a crack. the whole bottom of the chamber was separating. It was a horrendously ugly noise. I got a new chamber and swapped it out and the 2nd chamber started to crack within a day and a half. I've told the place I bought it that I just want the H pipe piece to put in there instead of another chamber, and that I want the difference in price back. I hope you have better luck man.

pro_chamber.jpg