Another VIN question

• Sponsors (?)

unfortunatley you can not teel the order in which your car will be built based on your VIN, you can look it up using your VIN if you call Ford Customer Service, but it has no baring on when you car will be made, because the alot for so many V6s and GTs and Manual and Autos and different upgrades and any combination of all of that to built at any given time. Meaning they might be building 60% V6 and 40 GTs and out of those GTs 10% will have IUP and 5% might be manual and so on and so forth, so based on when they decide to build the exact car that yours matches then your sequence number comes in. I hope that makes sense. Sorry if it doesnt.

I got you, thanks...but the issue here is that I already have had the car since 11/05/04. I was just curious where in line this thing is... :confused:

Its a black on black GT, without the IUP...very classy. :nice:

I've been having a lot of fun since. :D

there is nothing in the vin# that references the build date, it provides the info on what options the car was orginal with (ie: tranny type,engine info...) where it was produced, color ect..

if it had anything to do with date or what number vehical in prodction it was vin# would have changed by now as I was given a vin and my original build date of 12/6, now it's 12/20 and still the same vin... hope this helps...

Thanks, but every VIN decoder I see says the last 6 is the number in series. I figure that means in some type of order. Low production rate serial numbers are easy, it's just this mass produced article number is confusing. Have they built 111496 GTs by october '04? I doubt it. 11496? 1496? 496? and the 1s are blanks until production gets there then 0s start to fill in. I just don't know.

Your VIN thing might be related to production delays where the serial is the same on paper and then it gets built.