antenna delete plate??

jerzeykilla

Aug 27, 2006
Anyone know of one? I know they make a corba R one for the 02 body styles, but i cant find one for the 05's. And im not just talking about taking off the silver antenna, i mean the whole thing, the base and all, right out of the fender. Has anyone done this before? cause i dont know how to go about it. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

jerzeykilla said:
Anyone know of one? I know they make a corba R one for the 02 body styles, but i cant find one for the 05's. And im not just talking about taking off the silver antenna, i mean the whole thing, the base and all, right out of the fender. Has anyone done this before? cause i dont know how to go about it. :bang:

Jerzey,

May I ask why you want to do this? :D I will request the exploded view/schematic from a buddy of mine to assist you with the wire removal. PM me with your email and I will shoot you the info when I get it.

As for the antenna delete plate, it depends what you want to do. Body flush will call for a fill and paint. Chrome or aluminum can be custom fabricated by any machine shop willing to customize a product if you provide the material.

~J~

jerzeykilla said:
Just for looks i guess, id be putting the hidden antenna box in it i did this. PM sent.:nice:

PM and Email replies sent. I took the liberty of emailing Justin over at cnc_cut for a quote on the custom delete plate. What material are you envisioning your delete plate to be manufactured in?

I will ask him for chrome and a billet piece. If your intent is to have it painted to match the vehicle color, I will also ask him for a lower grade material with a paint prepped surface.

Justin has done custom car stereo installation work and prepares all his products with CAD/CAM CNC work. I am not sure if he is still in business, but if I get a response back on the quote, I will forward the email and his contact information to you. :nice:

If my dad was still alive and we had the machine shop, I'd hammer a snazzy piece out for ya'. But, life decided to pose me a challenge and rob me of his love, mentoring and brilliant skills 10 years ago. Seems like yesterday we were running jobs in the shop and shooting the chit. :(

Wow. thanks alot for that. Greatly appreciated! Yeah i was invisioning the delete plate to be the same color as the car. black(UA) That would be perfect it he could make me a plate that i could put in from underneath to sit flush with the body. That would look so sharp. Ohh, im sorry to hear about your dad. :( im sure everyone misses him. i was thinking about smackin one out today at my dads show but its just tin and i didnt have the car with me or know the size of the hole so i didnt.haha, but i hope he gets back to you. Thanks for all your help so far.

I think they look great with no antenna, as seen here
gal-199-p-2065-large.jpg

but you could always shorten the antenna, like I did on this one to make it flush with the roof

gal-142-p-1765-large.jpg

-Rick

Attachments

• gal-199-p-2065-large.jpg
    gal-199-p-2065-large.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 66
  • gal-142-p-1765-large.jpg
    gal-142-p-1765-large.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 137
I PM'd jerzy that I did not get a response back from the contact man. :( It is a hard life to make it as a custom CNC shop owner. He may have gone out of business.

In any event, jerzy wants something that will work under the well area not something for the top as I had originally thought.

If it was me, I would fill the holes with some Bondo Marine Epoxy stick material until it was flush, hit the cured matieral with a Black Sharpie and some clear nail polish or use a hole punch to punch out some pin stripe material, overlay it and call it good. Of course, I am all about functional ghetto engineering for stuff like this. roflmao...

Keep us up to date Jerzy and good luck.

Jenns05Stang said:
If it was me, I would fill the holes with some Bondo Marine Epoxy stick material until it was flush, hit the cured matieral with a Black Sharpie and some clear nail polish or use a hole punch to punch out some pin stripe material, overlay it and call it good. Of course, I am all about functional ghetto engineering for stuff like this. roflmao...
:mad: :bang: :ban: