Anti theft means...what do you use?

• Sponsors (?)

marushin_mossberg500_8mm.jpg

One of those "Fortress" brand steering wheel clubs. I know, it's lame, probably easily defeated, but it's better than nothing at all. And besides, it was a freebie from the Apache Junction Police Department back in '04, so what the hell. :shrug:

Thinking I might rig up a fuel pump relay cutoff switch someday, though, just to be extra-sure. I have a couple of spare universal switches in my closet, I just haven't thought of a good place that I could mount them on my '89 and '84. Also thought of rigging up some elaborate switch panel that looks like it controls nitrous and other stuff, and just make one of those functional to operate the fuel pump ... or maybe rig them in sequence so that you have to have a certain sequence of them switched on (like the first and third, or two middle ones, or all four, or whatever) to allow the fuel pump to run. Anti-theft with semi-ricey flair! :D

Mine has an ancient Viper system in it that causes much more problems than it does protect the car from theft. But a keyless entry feature on a 23 year old car is cool, so I never bothered removing it. :nice:

The best deterrent is owning an ugly car like I do, that nobody would want to steal in the first place. :shrug:
:stupid: Thats what has kept me from painting my one fender. Car is totally ignored by everyone :nice: Stereo is loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage but the car is so sound deadened you cant hear it outside the car. :banana:

When I drive the Cobra though it is never out of eye shot :nono: