Any better looking engine Acc brackets available?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah March does. I took my brackets off and polished them since they are aluminum. The coil holder is steel but I polished it shiny anyway then sprayed clear coat from a rattle can so I wouldn't have to sand surface rust every other day. Just a thought. If not you can buy brackets.

Can see a little bit of the top portion in this pic.

MustangSupercharged.jpg

Since they are aluminum you can polish them to a mirror finish. Or take them off, skip doing all that sanding and get them powder coated whatever color you want (many match the exterior). The theme under the hood on mine was obviously the polished look.

March makes generic brackets for a Ford. There is nothing available specifically for an SN. With only 2 years of production it's not unexpected. In all my years of fooling around with Mustangs, I might have seen 2 cars with the March kit. They are awfully pricey.

Kurt

March makes generic brackets for a Ford. There is nothing available specifically for an SN. With only 2 years of production it's not unexpected. In all my years of fooling around with Mustangs, I might have seen 2 cars with the March kit. They are awfully pricey.

Kurt

Yeah they tend to get pricey quick...but they do look good.

Now I prefer Motor Plates :D

Yeah they tend to get pricey quick...but they do look good.

Now I prefer Motor Plates :D

Speaking of motor plates, I'm supposed to have a big block Mustang coming into the shop to have a motor plate installed soon. The owner is hoping I can get the engine lower in the car by welding in a motor plate. Not sure how this is going to work out.

Kurt

You may be able to get it a little lower but I wouldnt expect much more then maybe 1" depending on the K-Member he is using. Just try to keep the motor tilted 2.5 degrees back.

Yeah, I tried to explain to him that anything I do to lower the engine has to be repeated on the transmission cross member. We are going to cut the engine mounting provisions off the K-member. An inch would be huge.

Kurt

I do a lot of powder coating for these brackets. Many do a chrome color but I also do flat and gloss black often. A little color and a "finished look" goes a long way!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Do you think guys would buy a nice billet bracket set-up?

What price point would be attractive?

Just thinking out loud...

I think that would be nice. It would have to be something that's modifiable. So that you could remove the AC or the smog pump, or the power steering and it would still look normal. It would also be nice to be able to mount a vacuum pump on it in place of the smog pump or AC. Something like that. I think a good price point would be around $1000. I think it's too late for it now though. You're looking at selling a bracket kit for a 2 year Mustang production run that is really old now. SNs really are slow cars by today's standards, and I don't think there will be too many more people getting into them. By the time you got a bracket setup like that to production the price on a Coyote Mustang is going to be low enough that everyone will be modding those.

Kurt