Any free mods

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
Any free mods for the 2v 4.6s other then removing the silencer? Performance/Interior/Exterior or whatever. Anything free or cheap, post it here. Lets start a big thread categorizing everything free or nearly free to make your stang a little custom or squeeze out a few more ponies

• Sponsors (?)

used midpipe=$100
mils=$5 (supplies+do it yourself)
rear seat delete= $20(do it yourself)
pull the front sway bar=free
used pullies and ta=$200
drop in air filter($30)/remove headlight and silencer

with practice and good weather conditions that would give you a mid to low 13 sec car on street tires

jas142 said:
Any free mods for the 2v 4.6s other then
removing the silencer
? Performance/Interior/Exterior or whatever. Anything free or cheap, post it here. Lets start a big thread categorizing everything free or nearly free to make your stang a little custom or squeeze out a few more ponies

Speaking of removing the silencer, this is my first pony and want to know if the 99 GT's had silencers? My Avalanche had one but it was easy to see and change. Where do they hide these things on the 4.6's???

I know that this works for the 5.0's but not sure about the 4.6's. it's the IAT (i think) mod. You put a resistor inline and it makes the computer think the car is runner cooler than what it is and advances the timing or somthing like that. I know that I didn't really check it out too much because the IAT sensor on ours is in the same housing as the MAF i think. Might be worth looking into. :shrug: You can also remove your stock upper intake plenum and port and polish it if you have the stuff. I did this, but I cant really tell you if it actually helped or if it was me thinking it helped a little. If you look at it though you could easily see how it could help though. There is a really nasty casting bump and it is really rough on the inside. The inside is the same texture as the outside of the plenum. The front sway bar delete is a good one, and the silencer is too, Don't buy mil eliminators because they can be easily made.

you could get you some stickers for your windows too. I hear they can give you about 2-5hp per sticker, for the good ones. :nice: