Any good All-Season tires that hook well in the summer

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
My Khumo MX's are done and in need of tires like now. They of course were there top of the line Summer tires and hooked pretty well. Since its winter I didn't really want to put on a straight summer tire on my car. Is there any decent all-season tires that I'll like in the summer too. I'm in the region where we have below freezing winters and 90-100 degree summers. :(

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

I had Hankook Ventus v4es tires on my Cobra. They hooked well for an A/S tire. I ran the same times at the track with them on chrome 03 Cobra wheels as I did with Nitto 555's on stock wheels at the track. I actually preferred the Hankooks over the 555's. I never got in snow, but they handled the cold weather pretty well. No experience with other tires, but I was impressed with those to say the least.

I had the Khumo ASX's prior to the MX's. I wasn't to impressed with them in once summer hit. To me there was a night and day difference with the ASX's and MX's. As far as how they felt the ASX's felt more like a winter/fall only tire rather than a all-season tire. I wished I could find the KDW2's in 275 or 285 17's but seems they don't make that size in the new kdw2 just the first generation kdws

the KDW2 is a summer tire, as is the KDW. The KDWS is an all-season tire. The main difference between the KDW and KDW2 is appearance. I personally think the KDW2 looks ridiculous on a real car. It probably adds that "something extra" on a Civic or Accord, but those cars need it :)