Any ideas?

faststang87

Jan 15, 2009
Kansas
Hey guys, I have a 1985 mustang with a 351 Windsor in it. I am looking for some definite upgrades engine wise. But does anyone have any ideas about the body of the car, like what would look good on it. :shrug: Because there are not a lot of "4 Eyed" cars out there to where I can get a good idea of what certain things would look like. So if you guys have any pics of your 4 Eyed car or suggestions that would be awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

Post a pic of it so we can see it. I'd say leave it stock and clean. Add some nice wheels, upgrade ur brakes. If the paint isn't salvagable, get it painted and detail everything (fenders, susp). The inside most likely needs some attention. Usually a super clean stock looking 4 eye will grab more attention than a nice 87+ car. At least they do with me and in this area.

Post a pic of it so we can see it. I'd say leave it stock and clean. Add some nice wheels, upgrade ur brakes. If the paint isn't salvagable, get it painted and detail everything (fenders, susp). The inside most likely needs some attention. Usually a super clean stock looking 4 eye will grab more attention than a nice 87+ car. At least they do with me and in this area.

Yea that is exactly what I was thinking, it does need a paint job. It is pretty clean as far as the interior. I purchased the car as my first car when I was 14 and I am now 22. After I bought the car, I failed to notice that there really are not a lot of aftermarket parts available for the 4 eyed years, like there is on the 87-93 body style. I will post pictures as soon as I can. And I totally agree with you on the wheels..it still has its factory 10 spokes :nonono: Thanks for your help! :nice:

Most anything you can buy for the 87+ car will fit on the 4 eyes.

What all is done to the car besides the 351 swap.

To be honest the 351 swap is all that I have done so far. I was going to divide the car in sections, now that the motor is done, I am going to start on the interior and then the body, or vice-versa. When I got the car, we went through the 302 and rebuilt that. We also redid the interior, put new carpet in and headliner and stuff like that (little things). Then I decided to go with a better motor, thus the swap. That is pretty much it. I am definately going to keep it kinda hard to get rid of your first car.