Any problems with Eibach Pro kit lowering rear springs?

red390gt

Nov 15, 2004
CT
The rear of my 85 5.0 convertible sits very high, looks like it is raised but the nose sits at a nice height. The PO had installed new rear springs but I am guessing they are the wrong springs. I have been looking on Ebay for a new or used set of rear spring and I noticed a trend, plenty of Eibach Pro kit lowering rear springs new or slightly used available. I have seen in the last month or so probably 6 or 8 used or slightly used sets for sale. Is there a reason why these Eibach rear spring keep showing up on EBay used? Do the owners not like something about the springs once they install them, too high, too low, to soft, too stiff? Anyone have any input on this or am I just jumping to conclusions?

• Sponsors (?)

just put my pro-kit on the other day , looks pretty!

HBIIM-stang2014.jpg

Check out my cardomain site. I did the whole works.FRPP M-2300-K brake it. Eibach pro lowering springs. steering rack bushings, caster camber plates and now i got KYB Adjusable struts and shocks on the way. My rear low, my car sits almost level now. The reasons for selling used springs on ebay? im not sure, maybe it lowered the car to much, i have 18's on my car and my tires rub now, so ive purchased kyb adjustable struts and shocks to fix my problem. Just set them a little stiffer and it'll stop the rubbing, and plus my struts and shocks are 15 years old. There worn out for sure too ha. As for ride quality, i put your identical springs in and i have 18s, about the most rough rims you can get. Everybody said your car is gonna ride like ****, well it doesn't, i personally dont think that it rides any more rough then it did with my stock factory springs and pony rims. Let me know if you got any questions. GOod luck!