Anyone else fixing their annoyances?

• Sponsors (?)

the main annoyances i have left are:

- the front end needs an alignment
- the radio and antenna suck
- the seats are in terrible condition
- the tranny doesn't always go into the right gear from the shifter
- the paint is old and faded and really needs to be redone
- the top doesn't fit quite right and the passenger's door catches on it when you close the door
- there is a slow coolant leak

the thing is, i don't really feel like putting any more money into the car anymore.

My slow coolant leak came from my after market - summit- overflow bottle in te "on" position lol. I fixed that today. Could be urs.

I don't listen to the radio whe I drive the stang! :nono::D

Are the seats leather? If they are not ripped, I can make them look near new! I'd help you for free to Chris. I re-dye'd mine and they lok alot better than they were. :nice: I am not doing a second coat bc I will just get new leather one day.

Can you buff out the paint? The top thing is a tough one. :doh:
--------------
My new annoyances lol. Its funny, when you fix some, new ones appear that were masked by the old ones! Closer to perfect tho:

1. Need to change the rear diff fluid or something. It is louder than the exhaust at 50 MPH! :eek:
2. Tune out the hesitation from 2000-3000rpm.
3. I make keep the cam too if the tuner can get it a tad less bucking out of it. :nice:
4. I am debating on the cats...They are $350 for ones that won't restrict me too much!

How ia everyone doing on their lists of fixes?

Some of you had heater problems...now I do also. My heater core is toast but as you know I bypassed it...hey its summer...screw it. :D

2. Alot of stink gone now with the evac kit working well under the hood. :nice:
3. Cam going in any day now. :shrug:
4. The clunking on rt turns is not exhaust but a destroyed oem upper ctrl arm bushing (from too much TQ). .. its on the list. :rolleyes:
5. Hesitation 2-2500 still there...waiting until cam change to see what happens. :rolleyes:
6. Upholstery om pass side door replaced ( I essentially made it myself). Looks good but tying up loose ends this weekend.
7. Air-bag delete upholstery came off for the second time...Whatever that rubber material is, .. gorilla glue, liquid nails NOR high test EPOXY will stick to it permanently and consistently.. :nono: Soo, I have decided to buy thin sheets of bendable woode, form fit them, glue AND bolt them and then put the leather material over that. whew!! :eek: :owned:
8. New carpet in. :nice:
9. Trans was just loud ..wasn't the differential. Sound deadening took care of it. ;)

My slow coolant leak came from my after market - summit- overflow bottle in te "on" position lol. I fixed that today. Could be urs.

I don't listen to the radio whe I drive the stang! :nono::D

Are the seats leather? If they are not ripped, I can make them look near new! I'd help you for free to Chris. I re-dye'd mine and they lok alot better than they were. :nice: I am not doing a second coat bc I will just get new leather one day.

Can you buff out the paint? The top thing is a tough one. :doh:
--------------
My new annoyances lol. Its funny, when you fix some, new ones appear that were masked by the old ones! Closer to perfect tho:

1. Need to change the rear diff fluid or something. It is louder than the exhaust at 50 MPH! :eek:
2. Tune out the hesitation from 2000-3000rpm.
3. I make keep the cam too if the tuner can get it a tad less bucking out of it. :nice:
4. I am debating on the cats...They are $350 for ones that won't restrict me too much!
update:
- car was painted in march
- seats were re-upholstered about 2 weeks ago
- my mechanic fixed coolant leak ... new gasket
- i have a new cable operated shifter from lokar, but it is not installed yet

bottom line: i'm getting alot closer to being done finally and the stang is finally my car of choice again

re your notes:
- PYPES makes some cats that are not restrictive and they were not expensive
- contact don lasota at lasotaracing.com about the tune. he's good

my headaches:

i lost the three bolts for the passenger acc bracket that go into the head. can't find a local dealer that can help me, or even find the bolt size and thread info.

wanted to plug the emission port on the back of head. can't find the 9/16 bolt that was listed in the online write up. others have suggested to use a spark plug. i come to find out that a spark plug doesn't fit in the port on my AFR heads, but at this rate why would it be so simple as a spark plug.

my headaches:

i lost the three bolts for the passenger acc bracket that go into the head. can't find a local dealer that can help me, or even find the bolt size and thread info.

wanted to plug the emission port on the back of head. can't find the 9/16 bolt that was listed in the online write up. others have suggested to use a spark plug. i come to find out that a spark plug doesn't fit in the port on my AFR heads, but at this rate why would it be so simple as a spark plug.

when i pulled mine out, 2 of them had warped or bent somehow such that they would not have been usable had i decided to put it back together with stock brackets

these guys might be able to help you out though:

Prestige Mustang Parts - Your #1 source for used antique and late model Mustang parts.

Thanks BV. The last universal set KILLED my HP. It was a considered S.O.P. death.

:OT: BTW. I called pypes tho and they are clueless about their own product. The cannot tell me how much rwhp I will lose, how their product compares to others OR if the blow-by from my motor now going thru the evac kit will kill the substrate (metallic). I got a bunch of "well..eh..possibly...i dunno fer sure..it might..you might lose 5rwhp..err.. durrr." :scratch: The last thing I want to do is spend $300 and have em melt-down on me so I am going to hold out until I can get some real answers.

Thanks BV. The last universal set KILLED my HP. It was a considered S.O.P. death.

:OT: BTW. I called pypes tho and they are clueless about their own product. The cannot tell me how much rwhp I will lose, how their product compares to others OR if the blow-by from my motor now going thru the evac kit will kill the substrate (metallic). I got a bunch of "well..eh..possibly...i dunno fer sure..it might..you might lose 5rwhp..err.. durrr." :scratch: The last thing I want to do is spend $300 and have em melt-down on me so I am going to hold out until I can get some real answers.
frankly, i'd be really surprised if they felt like they could answer your questions. after all, you are about as far from a stock setup as anyone on the planet, and if they were to say, "yes it will rob you of 22 rwhp, and whatever is getting into the exhaust from your evac system will be fine", i would tend to think they were just making it up. with setups as far out as ours, the only way to know for sure is to make an educated guess and then try it.

do you have cats now? the PYPEs i bought were not anywhere near $300

if you don't have cats, does your exhaust smell ok to you? and have you tried passing emissions yet?

it seems to me it is better to give up some HP and have a car you are happy with then it is to have max hp but not like the smell and not pass emissions

but that's just me

frankly, i'd be really surprised if they felt like they could answer your questions. after all, you are about as far from a stock setup as anyone on the planet, and if they were to say, "yes it will rob you of 22 rwhp, and whatever is getting into the exhaust from your evac system will be fine", i would tend to think they were just making it up. with setups as far out as ours, the only way to know for sure is to make an educated guess and then try it.

do you have cats now? the PYPEs i bought were not anywhere near $300

if you don't have cats, does your exhaust smell ok to you? and have you tried passing emissions yet?

it seems to me it is better to give up some HP and have a car you are happy with then it is to have max hp but not like the smell and not pass emissions

but that's just me

I know I am taking this :OT: but I must digress lol. It just amazes me Chris that there are no stats of any kind that I can find in the vast internet depicting the loss of rwhp on car like ours.:shrug: I mean, WHO on here has a stock car and WHO puts a high flow cat on a stock car?

With all the peeps out there including the chevy guys, I cannot find an nice little chart like we had on the "muffler shootout" with a far from stock stang. :shrug: Neither can I find anyone, anywhere who has measured their own stats on their own car on the dyno before and after cats. MORE you would think that these companies have comparable stats on a product that THEY made! :scratch: I mean, they are in the performance industry and many of them have performance cars.

I mean, since it could be a serious bottle-neck, why aren't there more stats on this stuff!! :eek:

So for me, it is no stretch at all for them to be able to say "yes, we actually tested our product on a (God forbid) 304rwhp stock LS1 and it put out "x" rwhp with our product. OR we tested the results of our product on a stroker mustang that happened to have the following mods..it put out x rwhp before and x after. :shrug: Why is that so earth shattering for someone somewhere to do? :doh::crazy:

p.s. I will pm you about the other. ;)