anyone ever get sick of their friends whos **** doesent stink?

• Sponsors (?)

again, i dont care either. im just saying its anoying that there are less poeple out there like most of us that arent totally biased and think mustangs or whatever they modify is the only car out there to modify. if someone has a camaro or somethign and isnt a dick about it i can hold a conversation for days with them.

just got me thinking about my motor combo more. stock motor and turbo or hci? a hci fox with a minimum 300/320 will keep up with ls cars wont it?

and before anyone calls me out and says dont let this guy influence me, i was gonna do something eventually anyways so its not just him. im asking opinions here

I have a few friends this way. They're always getting these crazy nice cars and constantly putting mine down until it comes time to race and then it's "oh my clutch is slipping" and "on i'm on street tires so what's the point" and "oh it's not running right at the moment". Yet when it comes to cruise night they'll talk smack and say they'll blow my doors off. It doesn't bother me because the people there who know what's up know what's up.

yeah looking better :rolleyes: or how about this not go out and spend 40k on a new mustang and just build up his car to make 450rwhp and smash on '11 GT's, camaros and whatever else

The '11 is sex on wheels and much better looking than any F-Body IMO....but whatever. Not sure where you're looking, but they're a lot less than $40K in the US....not to mention what he recoupes on the sale of his own car would knock a nice chunk of change off of the new one. And sure....he could go and spend a pile of money on his old Mustang and "smash" the competition, but in the end he's still got an old car with all those old car problems he's currently suffering from. In the end, you're just sinking money into a bottomless pit....and isn't that the exact opposite of what he's trying to avoid?

Why is it always the same response with you? "Fox's rule, everything else is crap"!?! I realize you're a diehard Fox guy, but there is more to life than just sinking money into an old horse to run fast in a strait line. Its like you've got this switch in your head that allows you to ignore all common sense in favour of holding onto an old Fox body? How about mid-12's right of the showroom floor that makes no sacrifices in reliability, refinement, creature comforts, balance, handling, fuel efficiency, emissions compliance and above all....a warranty? How can that not possibly be a good thing?

Contrary to popular belief, can have you cake and eat it too. Whatever direction he chooses to go, its going to end up costing him money in the end and a lot of it. The question he's going to have to ask himself is does he want to continue putting money into a car throughout the last years of its life not only to modify it in order to "keep up with the Jones", but just keep it on the road that will continue to nickel and dime him to death for the remainder of its years, or does he want to make payments on a vehicle during the first half of its life, get all of the refinement and performance he's paying for and enjoy the piece of mind that comes with owning a newer car.

I realize financing a new car isn't feasible for everyone, but anyone who continues to sink money into an old horse in order to just tread water is no further ahead. Even you have to realize we've all got to grow up eventually? :shrug:

I take it you don't agree? Different strokes I supose. I guess you have to ask yourself....which is more important to you. Your love for your current car, or the hatred or the ongoing problems it presents (and will continue to do so), along with the :bs: you put up with from people like your buddy? :shrug:

I tell you....I for one am sick of old car :bs:. I used to love my Fox too, but I was tired of the squeaks, rattles and continuous maintenance. The joy's of the throaty V8 rumble, cool factory and rush of power were soon overwhelmed by a the $50 here, $100 there stuff, the rust that was slowly making its way in and the uncertainty with whether or not it was going to get me where I was going all of the time. I’m currently selling my Cougar for the same reason and it isn’t even really giving me any problems yet. Older cars are more cost effective initially, but in the end it’ll still chew a hole through your pocket and leave you with nothing.

Maybe this is conversation for a different thread, but hey...everyone else was giving their opinion, what's one more. :)

just the other night i was drinking at a fire and a kid starting talking all kinds of **** about his girlfriends cobra. yes his girlfriends cobra. saying how 4.10s were a waste, and how he was gonna swap the irs for a straight axle, blah blah blah. well guess who wanted to drive my car that night...his girlfriend. and guess who loved it... his girlfriend. mean while hes talking **** on my car and saying more stuff about her cobra. ****ing doucher, thinks hes the man because his gf has a termi.

The '11 is sex on wheels and much better looking than any F-Body IMO....but whatever. Not sure where you're looking, but they're a lot less than $40K in the US....not to mention what he recoupes on the sale of his own car would knock a nice chunk of change off of the new one. And sure....he could go and spend a pile of money on his old Mustang and "smash" the competition, but in the end he's still got an old car with all those old car problems he's currently suffering from. In the end, you're just sinking money into a bottomless pit....and isn't that the exact opposite of what he's trying to avoid?

Why is it always the same response with you? "Fox's rule, everything else is crap"!?! I realize you're a diehard Fox guy, but there is more to life than just sinking money into an old horse to run fast in a strait line. Its like you've got this switch in your head that allows you to ignore all common sense in favour of holding onto an old Fox body? How about mid-12's right of the showroom floor that makes no sacrifices in reliability, refinement, creature comforts, balance, handling, fuel efficiency, emissions compliance and above all....a warranty? How can that not possibly be a good thing?

Contrary to popular belief, can have you cake and eat it too. Whatever direction he chooses to go, its going to end up costing him money in the end and a lot of it. The question he's going to have to ask himself is does he want to continue putting money into a car throughout the last years of its life not only to modify it in order to "keep up with the Jones", but just keep it on the road that will continue to nickel and dime him to death for the remainder of its years, or does he want to make payments on a vehicle during the first half of its life, get all of the refinement and performance he's paying for and enjoy the piece of mind that comes with owning a newer car.

I realize financing a new car isn't feasible for everyone, but anyone who continues to sink money into an old horse in order to just tread water is no further ahead. Even you have to realize we've all got to grow up eventually? :shrug:
Who the **** said i said "foxes rule everything else is crap", i love all cars, ive had supras, f bodies, and am currently looking for either a C5 vette or a 68 mustang and another note where did my car EVER run in the straight line, my car pulls G's on the skid pad that exotics and other high end sports car pull, so dont even give me that crap, next time do your ****ing homework before your start spreading the **** around, and did you forget about the 07 at home ?, you must have cause its still there but whatever keep on "moderating"
oh and another thing, i think the '10-'11 mustang are butt ugly but thats just me

If everybody had the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude when it came to hot-rodding cars, there would never be anything interesting to see at the dragstrip, going to car shows would be like going to a new car dealership, and people would just sell lawn furniture at swap meets. I realize that the 2011 Mustang is going to be an incredible performance machine, but I can't think of a way to be less unique and less satisfied with my hard earned money than just going out and buying a new sports car. If you're talking about keeping up with the Jonses, what happens in a year or two, when you're still making $600+ monthly payments, and Ford releases a bigger, better, badder Mustang? Now, suddenly, you're driving "last year's model", and you've still got $15-20K in debt wrapped up in that car. :shrug:

Nik that in the autofinance world is called being upside down in your loan and is the sure fire way to get screwed on the trade. Your right keeping up with the Joneses is just silly. Thats why people lease cars too but now thats become an expensive option as well.
You almost anymore just need to think of cars as being in different classes like in road course racing. My 87 should be competing against Camaros and T/As from the 80s. My brother has a new Camaro SS. Nice car, real quick and I wouldnt expect to keep up with him at this point although all that computer controlled crap on his makes me feel like my mustang launches harder. I know his is faster and thats just that. I can always step up my game and add boost like Im planning to and then its a different story.
A douche is a douche. If he was driving a Sentra with a fart can and a PepBoys cold air intake he'd still be talking trash.
As far as my 2 pennies on the 10-11 mustang I think the front end is too narrowed but I am impressed with the 300 horse V6 for the 11.

Side comments get old. How old is he? Seems like the younger 18-23 year old crowd doesn't ever let it go. Guys my age like 27-28 talk more friendly crap, if at all. Me and my friends NEVER talk **** to each other. Never have. Other guys that gather around where we hang out might come over shoot the crap and try to "one up" you but that's usually because they are jealous.

And I HATE the people who "knows this guy" with 800RWHP that will smoke anybody....but the car is down right now for work. HAHAHAHA....that cracks me up.

I have a few friends this way. They're always getting these crazy nice cars and constantly putting mine down until it comes time to race and then it's "oh my clutch is slipping" and "on i'm on street tires so what's the point" and "oh it's not running right at the moment". Yet when it comes to cruise night they'll talk smack and say they'll blow my doors off. It doesn't bother me because the people there who know what's up know what's up.
I love it. I used to keep quiet and let a guy say everything he needed to say. "My car has this and it can do that....I smoke Mustangs..." Once they finished I only had one response; "Wanna go line'em up?" Even if it was a car that I knew I'd have trouble beating I'm just not interested in "talking" about it. Sure I've lost my fair share but that's a part of racing. I remember battling it out with the LT1's then "taking my medicine" when the stock LS1's first hit the streets. It just gave me something to shoot for. The guys I've shut-up along the way make it all worth while.

I've never had a close friend that I've had to tolerate a bunch of smack-talk from so fivespeed's situation is a little different.