anyone ever get tired of their mustang?

To be truthefully honest I would love to have a first gen bronco or blazer/jimmy, but they are getting to be stupidly collectible and therefore stupidly priced.

Sad, but true. I said "sack up", but maybe I should have said "wallet up" haha.

Those early Broncos have held my attention since I was old enough to even know what thew were. I still remember owning a book as a kid that was a local-library throw-away; it was called "Off Road Fun Toys" or something like that, it was printed in the 70s and was just full to the brim with first gen Broncos. My little brother and I worshiped that book.

Oddly enough, I was at a car show/swap meet with my wife a few weeks back and a guy had that very same book for sale. His copy was mint, though. Mine was all tattered from years of abuse by 12 year olds, haha.

• Sponsors (?)

I tried to find a pic of it on the interweb but came up short, there is a guy here in town with a International Scout with a big ass lift and supercharged v8 of some kind. I know he still has it but I havent seen it in years. thing is SICK! funny thing is the guy sells wind and solar power systems and is big into green energy. I need to find a pic of it...
Ive also seen a 70's FJ running around, real nice rides. If i were going to go old 4x4 it would probably be something like that.
or a Unimog.

Im still sticking with my 308, not so much because its fast but its one of those cars i saw on tv growing up and that "damn thats cool". ive seen nice ones on ebay in the mid 20's

oh and the car show thing, ive done many car shows and im here to tell ya anyone that needs a trophy to tell them that they have a nice car (particularly a new car) has a little dick.

A buddy of mine gave up and sold his to another friend...he has so many years and so much money invested. Now he gets to watch his car come back together and back out on the street in someone elses hands. He hasnt said it yet but i know its hard to watch.

Not me, I still love driving mine out and showing it off. Not so much working on it nowadays, but it's done as far as big stuff goes so it's all little projects for fun and to keep it fresh.

If I build it to be your "average" Mustang, or if it weren't a convertible, I could see me getting tired of it at times, though.

To answer the Op question:
I hate my 93 more everyday. I have sold it on eBay once, only to talk the guy who bought it to not buy it because of a problem that I made up to keep it. I Finally have it where it starts everytime, runs like a champ and gives me nary an issue. I just installed a FlowTech X-pipe, and a Mac 3" Catback with polished Tails. It sounds sick. I still hate it. It is boring to drive now. It will blow the tires away in 3rd, it stops NOW, and handles great. I miss the days of working on it a few hours at a time when I could between work/school (college again), kids, and a very high maintence girlfriend. I think I am going to break it to make it interesting again....

I threw a set of 15" steel wheels and some all season tires on it with a 50lb. bag of floor dry in the trunk. Went through the ohio snow like it was designed too...

I hate mustangs, but I couldn't stand to see anyone else have it. And it still does put a smile on my face when I slap around the dumbass honda's in town....

I went through this with my 89, poured a bunch of money into it and it didn't run the numbers that it should have. Got sick of it and did a cash/trade deal for a basket case Charger. Charger sat for five years and I sold it for the room. I did have a lot of fun with that old 89, those fond memories is what caused me to buy my 91 in 08. It has been relatively trouble free other then an idle issue that seems to come and go. I dumped a bunch of money into the suspension and five lug conversion last year. Can't get past how slow it is though, hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I don't have a repeat with this car that I did with my last one since I just dropped a bunch of coin on a 347 for it.

me too. I get sick of spending money. But i love it as much as I hate it. I love to race it but then get pissed off when I blow stuff up.

For me, due to recent medical problems, it has "saved" my life - keeping my mind focused on a project even if I couldn't physically work on it, at least think about what I was gonna do next or planning on my next purchase, so in that way I'm very glad I have it. I don't think I could ever get rid of it, I've had it for 10+ years and I'd never get back half of what I put into it.

I bought my car in 2003 about 2 weeks before i graduated high school, my plan was to do donuts on the last day of high school. I was in the passenger seat the first night, and we hit a jersey barrier. Ive had a few pretty serious letdowns with the car like that one, and at one time i considered parting the car out, but that thought lasted about a week, ill never sell it, all of the bull**** is worth it

Not me, I still love driving mine out and showing it off. Not so much working on it nowadays, but it's done as far as big stuff goes so it's all little projects for fun and to keep it fresh.

If I build it to be your "average" Mustang, or if it weren't a convertible, I could see me getting tired of it at times, though.

This is my problem. I wish mine was a vert. The only reason i do is because its a weekend/nice day car. If were a vert, i'd never sell it.

I, like the OP waffle with selling my car all the time. I want a Terminator, its just that simple. Problem is, i really would strap myself a bit if i sold my car and bought a Terminator. Considering i'm Divorced and want to be married again. Between the Mortgage, and spending time with a GF and vacations, i can't justify a car payment for a toy. I just wish i built a vert instead of a hatch. I seem to only want to sell it when i'm not driving it. The minute i get behind the wheel and powershift 1,2,3... that notion of selling all goes away. :)

I bought my car in 2003 about 2 weeks before i graduated high school, my plan was to do donuts on the last day of high school. I was in the passenger seat the first night, and we hit a jersey barrier. Ive had a few pretty serious letdowns with the car like that one, and at one time i considered parting the car out, but that thought lasted about a week, ill never sell it, all of the bull**** is worth it

You graduated in 03? Why did I think you were older than me? I actually graduated in '03, bought my car in fall of '02, so, the beginning of my senior year.

Maybe it's because we've both had our cars the same amount of time and yours is light years ahead of mine, haha.

I did doughnuts in mine on homecoming night and lost my parking privileges until Christmas break, haha. Didn't hit a barrier, though.

Haha, tell me about it. I wouldn't have it any other way, but anyone who tells you that getting married doesn't throw a wrench in the works with your hobbies is either lying or makes a ridiculous amount of money.

Cant argue with that, so u still building that motor?

I don’t think I could sell my car ever. I kind of get sick of working on it over the long winter especially when the list is long like this winter. But when it is up and running in the summer I am always planning or gathering parts for the next down time. I want to drive it when parked and want to wrench on it when I am driving:shrug:. I guess there is a fine line between being a slave and enjoying it.

I think it helps a lot to have the car as a toy not a daily driver.

Scott

I got sick of the vert after the summer. I took 3 years to build it and finished it last summer drove and realized I was tired of looking at it. This one Im not sick of but its much much less of a project and now that its warming up Im motivated to finish the blower install.

Cant argue with that, so u still building that motor?

Yea, kind of. I had all but beaten the Windsor idea out of my head, then you had to plant the bug in my ear again. :D What I'm leaning to right now is to yank the current engine, put new rings and bearings in it, slap TW 205s on it with the current Exploder intake (haha, wut?), with maybe a little porting for fun and maybe an OTS cam, and just stick it back in and drive it that way this season. Then I'll start piecing together what I need for a 351 swap over the next year, and next winter I'll yank the 302, sell off the Exploder and the cam, drop in the Windsor with the 205s on it, and start the death march for my T5.

That's the plan for now. it could change at any given moment. Either way, I have a buddy coming over with an engine hoist this weekend and the 302 is coming out. :burnout: