Anyone have a G-Tech Pro SS???

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
Was looking at these things on the net today. I've heard about them on here, seen them in the summit mags I keep in the john etc etc.

Looks a cool fun toy to have. I was wondering if anyone has one and considers it accurate enough to be useful? :shrug:

The newer ss model even has a shift light that reads off the electronic pulse from your cig lighter so that could prove useful at times.

I run around with a bunch of cars guys here in Indy. The GTO Goat herd, Southside Mustang Club, and Indy HP club. It would be cool to swith it out into other cars just to see what happens. See how I compare to other people... and see what some of the more ridiculously modded cars manage to post up... like one of the guys I know with an 89 RX-7 that has an LS-1 swap and a single turbo setup...

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard that if you have them setup right that they can give you pretty close to true times. I dunno about the HP ratings and such.

I do know that my friends old g-tech kept giving times that were only 2 1/10s off from the times he had run.

I though it was one of the biggest things I have wasted my money on. I purchased mine about a year ago. Dont think it was worth it, would rather go to the track.

I have let a few people use it to see if they wanted to spend the money for their own. When they were done trying it they realized it wasn't worth it.

Spend the money on a part for the car rather than the g-tech.