Anyone have custom interior stuff?

• Sponsors (?)

i have been wanting to do the same thing. i been thinking about getting the autometer gage cluster, and and aftermarket head unit and better speakers, or a center dvd screen or somthing to spice things up.

i did just put in my new passport radar detector in the blue light which gave it some life.:D i just dont know how good it will work hidden behind the cowl hood i have.

so a few people are "personalizing" huh... so from the page I posted does anyone know a better place to get things, cut and such... I would be getting the black with orange stripes and stitching...

c/f isn't really my thing... but that doesn't look too bad...

i deleted the rear seat/midget carrier from the back of my 240 with a subwoofer box panel i made. leaves me trunk space and still sounds good.

BOX5.jpg

AMP1.jpg

these are old pics of the build process but it might give ya some ideas.

i like the bullitt gauge cluster a LOT. you can also paint the instrumnt cluster bezel with some silver engine paint (it just looks like real metal, pretty lustrous.)

180SX.jpg

i know it aint a pony car but maybe it can give ya some ideas. the whole black interior is custom too cause it never came in my 240's. sports cars should have black or tan interiors (period).

I think I will get those shift boot and ebrake boot things... black with orange stripes and stitching.... but I'll wait until payday (almost 2 weeks).

I also got the pillar air/fuel and boost guages hooked up today... they look decent...(cheap ebay stuff for $50)...but how does everyone (who has them) get the pod to stay put on the pillar... doublesided tape doesn't stick well and I don't want to fiberglass or anything... any tips here would be appreciated.

I went with 2 tone black/tan seats and matching redline shift/ebrake/armrest boots. FR500 steering wheel, some billit alum parts and the bullit shift ring and pedals...oh and some nicer floor mats.

theres a company in Canada that does the CF covering for not too bad a price. I'm not gonna link it since it looks like square has some minor cash to make.

theres a company in Canada that does the CF covering for not too bad a price. I'm not gonna link it since it looks like square has some minor cash to make.

You should post the link if they look good for cheap. Materials and Labor makes my kit too expensive for most people.(unless you can be without all your interior parts for a week or two, then the kit is like $400, w/o your own interior parts you can add $400 to the price=$800)

Here's mine....
IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0730_1.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Pieces to come...
Bullit Pedals
Billet AC knobs and Window switches
Billet Hangers
Thats it folks..

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0730_1.jpg
    IMG_0730_1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 64
You should post the link if they look good for cheap. Materials and Labor makes my kit too expensive for most people.(unless you can be without all your interior parts for a week or two, then the kit is like $400, w/o your own interior parts you can add $400 to the price=$800)

yeah this dudes cheaper than you lol

http://www.ssd4u.com/streetsmart_296.htm

I've done some of the "typical" stuff....but went a slightly different route.

my car is black with a dark charcoal int....so I did the panels in gloss black....it makes the interior pop...but it's still subtle

swapped most of the knobs for billet...and went for Autometer Lunar gauges...full cluster....FP and boost on the pillar...and when we did the custom audio, we put in oil-pressure and voltmeter in the slot where the CD player was
67106.jpg

did a little 2 tone on the Corbeaus before bolting them in too....dark charcoal down the middle to match the back seat....and black on the bolsters and backs
507.jpg

had the trunk done in an effort to flow with the interior when we loaded it up with subs and amps....everthing wrapped in black leather with interior grade carpet on the floor....matching the lid cover with the running pony....tossed the spare and put a hatch in so I can store detail supplies where the spare was
41803.jpg

66545.jpg

67110.jpg

with regard to hold the pillar pod with 2-sided tape...been there....it holds for a season...then you hit a bump, and the mofo comes down on your head

last fall I swapped for one of these http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/ may seem a bit pricey at first...but it comes painted...and snaps right in like the stocker...it's a great piece

i deleted the rear seat/midget carrier from the back of my 240 with a subwoofer box panel i made. leaves me trunk space and still sounds good.

BOX5.jpg

AMP1.jpg

these are old pics of the build process but it might give ya some ideas.

i like the bullitt gauge cluster a LOT. you can also paint the instrumnt cluster bezel with some silver engine paint (it just looks like real metal, pretty lustrous.)

180SX.jpg

i know it aint a pony car but maybe it can give ya some ideas. the whole black interior is custom too cause it never came in my 240's. sports cars should have black or tan interiors (period).

:drool: