Anyone have Smoke or Clear LX Tail light Lens?

The Color is Grabber Blue. It is an OEM Ford Color.....from 1970.

Speaking from experience, I would not do the nightshades. I tried it and hated it. You have to spray it on perfect otherwise it will run. It is cheap for a reason. I tried it about 4 years ago, and wound up using nail polish remover to get it all off because it looked bad. I followed the directions, and was not impressed.

• Sponsors (?)

johnt785 said:
Thanks TriGun... I would still like to know how much those tickets range for having smoke tail lights. Anyone know?

It's going to be different state to state. Check your local laws. At night you will be fine no problem. During the day, though, watch out for cops.....The biggest thing I worry about is that someone will rearend me and say that it was my fault that they could not see my brake lights. But hopefully because my car is so bright, I will never have that problem. And since I only drive it once or twice a month, it is not that big of a concern.

the ticket was 45 bucks for me.... it fell under somethiong like.. improper taillights or something.... at night, you WILL see a white reflector, but i doubt a cop would give you probs when he sees red taill lights.... during the day is a diff story.. ide watch out.... all in all.. i think its worth it... not 1 other car in my town has these same tails , which sets me apart bigtime and a 45 dollar ticket isnt gonna make me change um.. Ide buy them and not go cheap with the bulbs... get them APC ricer platinum red bulbs and red/white/amber apc platinum bulbs for your turn signals... i bought red

I have a set of smoked lx tails on my 91 GT I'm getting ready to sell with exchange. I've had them in this car for over a year now with no issues, and have passed many staties too. I love the look of them, and they light up red just fine when on the brake or runners on. I even smoked my 3rd brake light to match them. But these arent a nightshade job, they are the actual smoked lx tails...