Anyone here hate their exhaust sound?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a MAC Cat-Back 2 1/2" and I really like the sound and it may sound funny but I love the drone at 2100RPM , the exhaust has a deep sound and when the car idles ,my friend says that they love the deep sound comming from them , the only down side is : they are ugly , I'm thinking about replacing them to get a nice stainless system but I don't know what to get , I'll miss my nice sound from my MAC Cat-Back if I I change.

I have a sound clip video but it's only at the end of a 2 minutes video that I made last spring , if you feel like watching it just clic here !

have magnaflow turn downs with magna. x pipe with cats, cruising it sounds great but when you get on it way to flippin"" high pitch , not enough rumble ...! any one have 1 chambers dumped with a catted x??? if so hit me with a sound clip I havnt heard any one with that setup yet?!!!!!!

well i was going to get a bassani xhaust from pipes to cat back but unfortunately a hit and run put me back a few weeks...hopefully though in two weeks ill have that bassani sounding so soooo nice...any bassani owners have any input on their sound before i drop a pretty penny getting them?!

mpcv2000 said:
I have a MAC Cat-Back 2 1/2" and I really like the sound and it may sound funny but I love the drone at 2100RPM , the exhaust has a deep sound and when the car idles ,my friend says that they love the deep sound comming from them , the only down side is : they are ugly , I'm thinking about replacing them to get a nice stainless system but I don't know what to get , I'll miss my nice sound from my MAC Cat-Back if I I change.

I have a sound clip video but it's only at the end of a 2 minutes video that I made last spring , if you feel like watching it just clic here !

I have the same set-up and hated the 2.5" pencil point tips. I bought 3.5" rolled tips from Summit and had them welded in. Easy $80 fix. The 3.5" rolled tips look mean. Kinda like on the Mach 1 but it fills the bumper cutout better.

propellerhead said:
I have the same set-up and hated the 2.5" pencil point tips. I bought 3.5" rolled tips from Summit and had them welded in. Easy $80 fix. The 3.5" rolled tips look mean. Kinda like on the Mach 1 but it fills the bumper cutout better.

I welded my stock tips back on the Mac Cat-Back !

I did not like the "pencil" tips either !

:nice:

Q's Stang said:
well i was going to get a bassani xhaust from pipes to cat back but unfortunately a hit and run put me back a few weeks...hopefully though in two weeks ill have that bassani sounding so soooo nice...any bassani owners have any input on their sound before i drop a pretty penny getting them?!

I love my bassani, look at sig. You cant hear the rumble real bad inside the car unless you get on it which is good for me. I turn heads all the time when I'm runnin around town. I wouldnt spend the money on the stainless unless you plan on keeping the same exhaust for the next 20 years........which is something i wont do. The best price I could find is at performancecenter.com Its the smoothest, best sounding exhaust I've ever heard and I get compliments from everybody.

I did not like my borla cat back with the stock mid pipe. too melow. now it is perfect agressive but not "loud" in anoying way. I went with the vrs x pipe. I would probably try the mrt stainless h-pipe if I did it over again.

everyones taste in exhaust just differs so much. ass sounding exhuast to one person is music to another persons ear.

I have had a few exhaust on my car...here is a list and my opinions on them...My car is a 00gt

1...Mac prochamber and mac catback...Sounded awesome...

2...Mac prochamber and mac dumps..Sounds good but alot of noise inside the car

3...Mac prochamber and magnaflow catback....To quite for me but had a unique sound...Quiet

4...Mac o/r h-pipe and borla side exit...Kinda sounded like a chevy truck with exhaust

5...Mac o/r h-pipe with magnaflows dumped...Real drone inside the car...not really that loud

6.Mac o/r h-pipe with magnapak...Sounded awesome to me..very loud and raspy...would scare the hell out of unexpecting drivers on the road

You can hear alot of exhaustclips on www.mustangexhaust.com..You have to sign up to hear the clips