anyone in the construction field as a living???

Demented4.6

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
DAYTON, OHIO
I've been in the construction/carpentry field for the last 5+ years. I've seen alot of different tools on the job but i was curious as to what everyone else uses for their Cordless Tools? I recently replaced all my Ridgid junk with Milwaukee's V28 4pc kit, what about you guys????

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in construction, but all our tools say Caterpillar on them. No, thats not right, some say Case, Barber-Green and John Deere too. My father in law does the carpenter thing, his stuff says Milwaukee, and some DeWalt, though. Kobalt and Ridgid look good on race cars, not on tools you wanna work with, he said.

i got the milwaukee 28 volt kit..im a plumber and this kit gets beat on..i use the sawzall 99% of the time......then i got makita 18voly litium-ion impact gun and drill for the lightweight such as screws...i love tools:D :D

I have a 6 piece 18v dewalt kit and Iam a Electrician, well wanna be for about 6-8 months then I get to take my E2 test. Anyways, I like the tools use the impact a lot actually most out of any of the tools. Awesome kit, everything has plenty of power and takes awhile to kill a battery(all but the grinder). When roughing out a house the
circular saw comes in handy also. Think I paid $500 or so for the kit in November of 2006, price hasent changed much and HD has sales alot.

I have the milwaukee 18 kit, still works fine and i've been beating on it for at least 3 years. Batteries are starting to give less run time, but not that big of a deal.
I wish i had the 28v kit, but at this point all my 18's work good enough that the cost can't be justified at this moment.
My one compaint about the milwakee cordless sawzal (at least the one i have) is that by the blade its very open by the foot thing and adjuster. And it's almost when, not if, people get ther hand caught.
Just yesterday i used a corded dewalt, and it was 100 times safer.

i am a elevator mechanic and i use the dewalt 18v hammer drill and 1/4 impact.i have the same set for almost 2 years and i have abused this set harder than anybody. it has even fallen 20 ft and it still works.my next set will be the same one.(if it ever breaks)