Anyone notice this on there dual exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

yes i've noticed this too. Mine are especialy louder when it's a damp cold morning. Water seems to condence inside the pipes and when I first start the car I get a good grumble and a little watter will shoot out the back pipes.

ok.. this may seem out of place, but does dual exhaust really increase horsepower for a 6 cyl? i heard from somebody that it doesn't do much in the way of performance, rather just sounds cooler. please tell me if there is much of a difference.

in addition, i would like to know what kind of pipes seem to perform better in the aspects of horsepower and sound, etc..

thx

insertpost here said:
ok.. this may seem out of place, but does dual exhaust really increase horsepower for a 6 cyl? i heard from somebody that it doesn't do much in the way of performance, rather just sounds cooler. please tell me if there is much of a difference.

in addition, i would like to know what kind of pipes seem to perform better in the aspects of horsepower and sound, etc..

thx
When i put my duals on i didnt notice anything but then when i installed a CAI i felt it nothin huge but definetly enough to notice

From what I’ve read our cars will see the most improvement with dual 2.25" pipes and the mufflers of your choice. Generally speaking most people only upgrade to dual exhaust for the look and sound. There really isn't too much of a performance gain, if anything you may gain a little top end HP. I haven’t been to the track since my duel’s were installed so I can't speak from personal experience yet. I chose to go with a custom H pipe fabricated by my exhaust installer and GT take-offs. The mufflers on the GT don't get very loud on the v6 but have a definite sound improvement over stock. If you want a more aggressive sounding muffler I suggest you check out some sound clips online. Check out this site http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com/ Overall I'm please with the money I put into my dual exhaust. It makes our weak sounding V6's sound a little more like a car that's got some "giddy up an go" Plus it's pretty cool to see two streams of smoke poring out the back or a big cloud on a cold morning at the stop light.