Anyone purchase Flowtech LT Headers?

01mgvert

Jan 12, 2004
In early April, there was a discussion thread about Flowtech LT headers that were being sold by summitracing.com for $228 uncoated (BIG-12115FLT) and $348 coated (BIG-12115-1FLT). They come with a matching O/R x-pipe for $94 (BIG-12115YFLT). Since both Flowtech and Hooker are manufactured by Holly, it was concluded that they were basically the same header. Some people contacted Summit and Holly and confirmed this conclusion. I noticed that summit still has these headers available for the same price.

My question is this: Did anyone purchase these Flowtech headers? What was the quality? Are they really the same as Hooker headers?

• Sponsors (?)

00VERT GT said:
Hold up, I asked Tim and the crew over on his forum and Michael Kidd told me he used to sell these headers a couple years ago and they came back cracked/shattered about half the time. Be very careful if you do order them, but he told me straight up that he would never put them on his car.. :flag: Good luck either way.

WhiteDevil69 said:
Hold up, I asked Tim and the crew over on his forum and Michael Kidd told me he used to sell these headers a couple years ago and they came back cracked/shattered about half the time. Be very careful if you do order them, but he told me straight up that he would never put them on his car.. :flag: Good luck either way.

i was just about to say this not to mention he said they were not the same design yet many people think they are since its owned by the same company but they are not i also recall that hookers are notorious for leaks as are the flowtechs

then again ive never owned either pair of headers just saying what ive heard

zgarske1038 said:
i was just about to say this not to mention he said they were not the same design yet many people think they are since its owned by the same company but they are not i also recall that hookers are notorious for leaks as are the flowtechs

then again ive never owned either pair of headers just saying what ive heard
Just fork over the extra $$ and get some MAC headers or something