Full length headers CHEAP , ceramic coated for $347 bucks , same design as Hookers

• Sponsors (?)

I am sorry to be the pessimist, but this really sounds too good to be true. My guess is that they are the same design, but use thinner gauge metal and a cheaper coating. I sure hope I am wrong though, but 99.9% of the time you get what you paid for. Lets hope this is the 0.1% :nice:

Well im kinda hoping someone will order them and post on opinion on the quality of them on here , the tech guy told me that they are the same as the hookers and everybodies been happy with them .

Heres what the hookers look like.....Anyone know if the X would sound good? Only one that I dont think sounds good is BBK right?

attachment.php

I am really looking to get some headers. I was looking at getting the jet-hot brand headers, but these are so much cheaper maybe I will just have to take the plunge. If I do not like them I can sell them to one of you guys ;)

Oh yeah, Summit list the ceramic coated ones for $347.39 and are ready to ship tommorow. The x pipe is $93.69 and has an addition shipping charge, what ever that means.

It would be interesting to see if a Hooker x pipe would mount up to these headers. A $93.69 x pipe cannot be made all that well.

Just ordered them tonight, and the x-pipe. I'm going to get some cats welded into it. Figured what the hell, might as well try them out. My friend had some flowtech headers before on his 5.0, they were cheap as hell, and they worked. I bought the painted ones, and I'm going to put some coats of hi temp aluminum paint on them myself, they should hold up well, I've done that before. I'll let you guys know what I think of them when I get them in. Take care, Mike

I might order these too. Cheap headers=win. I live in NC where it snows once a year (actually twice this year), so not a lot of underbody rust. If the coating isn't too good to begin with, just spray paint the hell out of it with hightemp paint. The only thing I am worried about is the fitting. I bet a Dr. Gas X pipe would fit nicely. :D

millatime said:
I've heard that header wrap holds in too much heat and ends up damaging the headers
I think the problems is that it may increase the chance that the headers will rust. All that heat being held in by a form of tape/cloth is bound to attract moisture in the samll air gaps under the tape. The water would just be trapped in the tape until it got hot enough to evaporate. With ceramic coated there is no tiny gap between the coating and the metal so there is no palce for mositure to condense.

Well, that is just my $0.02, not sure if it measn much though.

SILVER03 said:
Just ordered them tonight, and the x-pipe. I'm going to get some cats welded into it. Figured what the hell, might as well try them out. My friend had some flowtech headers before on his 5.0, they were cheap as hell, and they worked. I bought the painted ones, and I'm going to put some coats of hi temp aluminum paint on them myself, they should hold up well, I've done that before. I'll let you guys know what I think of them when I get them in. Take care, Mike

Did you get these in yet , if you did or when you do post some pics please .