anyone rock their 5.0 in the snow around here?

Im from the philly suburbs, i now have cobras with falkens on there, i made it around last winter with bs tires and wheels on. Just wondering who rocks the 5.0's in the snow and if you have any tips? I dont feel like getting another car for this winter, but i dont know if my car is gonna make it. anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

I did first yea I had my car, and Im in CT! I had Cobra Rs with Falkens as well and managed fine, but it wasnt a bad winter. Tips, go very slow, brake early and just remember its a Mustang in the snow. Id say maybe some weight in the trunk and good luck!

I don't personally. I did like 1 storm 2yrs ago, and the car went well. I do know a kid the rolls an 86 5.0 Capri as a winter ride. He puts 300lbs of sand in the hatch and takes it slow. Car has 348,000 original miles, he also never revs it past 2K.

Just take it slow. I've had my stang 10 years and it's seen 7 winters. It's harder to drive with all the power in the rebuilt motor now. I'm thinking of selling the old girl :( and getting a cobra so at least I'll have traction control.

Would probably a little bit. Doesn't really matter I would think since in your tires compresses with the cold weather (I forget the correct term) thats why in the cold weather it looks like your tires have less air in them.

I drove my 87 through 2 winters and it went like a basterd did not like to stop though but I never got stuck.It was funnest winter car I ever had I would like to find anouther one for a beater eventually.