Anyone running a Boss 429 Scoop on a 67-68?

• Sponsors (?)

xoxbxfx said:
blue with silver stripes?? I have a pic of it at home if thats it. Eitehr way, I will post the pic tomorrow
No, mine was Acapulco Blue, with a flat blacked out hood, bumpers and rear deck spoiler, looked like a 67 version of a Mach I. I have pics , just have never been able to post em here. Someone else posted the ones I had here.

Thanks!

I need to do something to fit my hood on my new engine with a 393w and vic jr intake.....there is going to be a hole in the hood for that to occur.

I have ordered the 429 scoop from MAS in St.Paul MN.........it is only 2 1/2" high, so it isn't as bad as the ones that are 5" high....for birds anyway.

Thanks again.

This car belongs to someone here, but I can't remember who. I just remember saving it on my computer because its so sweet and just looks mean.

Attachments

• 67fb.jpg
    67fb.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 934
The green car belongs to Bullit, he used to post here all the time.

Don't chop up the deluxe hood for the Boss9 scoop, it wont look right anyhow. Just get a cheap standard hood for that.

Those original deluxe hoods sell for a pretty penny, more than the steel Shelby hoods (over $500, and more if it includes the turn signals and wiring) , particularly OEM ones. You should be able to buy a standard hood for 1/10th the selling price of the deluxe and pocket the cash for other projects.

Do whatever you want of course, but I've seen hood scoops on deluxe hoods and they don't look quite right to me since the deluxe hood has the ridges running back from the vents. They look right at home on the standard hood. Besides, you can out the turn signals in the back of the scoop like they did in 1969. It's your car, do whatever makes you happy, just lending my $0.02.

Where do you live, I know where you can buy a pristine, no-rust stock hood for $50.

I've got a standard hood on the car right now and I wouldn't feel bad one way or another when it comes to butchering it. Before I go and invest the money puting that scoop on the deluxe hood, I'm gonna have my friend photoshop it for me from a few angels. When I invision it in my head with the Boss 429 scoop it looks badass. Maybe when its setup in real life it wont look the same.

I live in Los Angeles. If you, know anyone around here selling it for 50 bux I've got the spare cash ATM to buy it. In fact, if shipping wouldn't be TOO bad I'd still buy it and ship it.

If you have a standard hood cut away, they are worth very little! You might like the look on the deluxe, it is all a matter of opinion and the only one that matters is yours.

You are right, shipping is probably $65-75 for a u-pick-it-up freight company. They charge $100 for a long block or a motorcycle coast to coast.