Anyone running a Comp Cams XE 264 cam?

Lab Rat

Founding Member
Oct 25, 2002
Saxonburg, PA
I'm inthe process of doing an HCI combo and am curious if anyone is running the Comp Cams XE 264 HR stick. I like the numbers for my setup (Powerheads and Edlebrock Performer, 24 lb injectors, 75mm TB, 77mm Pro-M mass air, Ford Racing hi-flow shorties, 3.73 gears) but I'm curious to know what the idle and drivability is like. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Which version are you looking at the one made for 1.6 or 1.7's?

I installed one on a customers car with a TFS head, I used the 1.7 model with a 1.6 rocker, stock manifold, 24# inj, 75mm MAF, 5spd and it worked very well. Made good power, and drove very well...

Rick 91GT said:
Which version are you looking at the one made for 1.6 or 1.7's?

I installed one on a customers car with a TFS head, I used the 1.7 model with a 1.6 rocker, stock manifold, 24# inj, 75mm MAF, 5spd and it worked very well. Made good power, and drove very well...

I'm looking at the one for 1.6 rockers. Thanks for the reply Rick - that setup sounds similar to mine. Actually, it's the wife's car which is why drviability is a primary concern - she doesn't want a real lopey idle. Thanks for the info!

Matt

Yeah but that's only the series.

Is it the 35-320-8 or 35-349-8?

For example: My cam is a 270HR but there are like 10 different 270HR's but mine is the 35-420-8 (e.i. 270HR-10)

Whats the bind height of your springs? And what are powerheads? Are they those cheap ebay heads I've seen? If so, you definitely want to look into that with a 1.7 rocker since Comp Cams usually recommends their 986 series spring for their cams with more than .510 total lift. That spring has a bind height of 1.150"