Anyone running taller tires on back then front?

• Sponsors (?)

You can get M&H racemasters DRs in a 275/50/17 or 325/45/17 i believe. They are both 28 inches tall. My friend has those on his turbo 331 '94 and they look awesome. They fill the wheel well but they dont look as wide from the back. PM me and i'll send you a link to another forum site that has pics.

The only downside is that it lowers your amount of rear end gear(in simple terms), which could be good though.

You can get M&H racemasters DRs in a 275/50/17 or 325/45/17 i believe. They are both 28 inches tall. My friend has those on his turbo 331 '94 and they look awesome. They fill the wheel well but they dont look as wide from the back. PM me and i'll send you a link to another forum site that has pics.

The only downside is that it lowers your amount of rear end gear(in simple terms), which could be good though.

Damn that is a huge tire for the rear!!!

Lowering the effective gear ratio by a taller tire would be good for your buddies car since it is turbo. Not good for an all motor car unless you are running out of gear at the drag strip and need a few more MPH to play with.

Trust me, putting a 28" tall tire on a bolt on Mustang GT with stock 3.27's makes you feel like your driving on 2 cylinders.

It's like stepping down one gear ratio. i.e. if you have 4.10s with a 26" tire and switch to a 28" tire, it will feel like you have 3.73s

Its pretty similar to that. I now have 4.10's, and on street tires (25.8" for me IIRC) 4th should run out at 108mph (verified by driving it to find out). With a 28" tall tire it was good for about 112-114 or so. 3.73's will let 4th hang in till 118-120 or right around there.

It is pretty similar, but damn sucks on stock gears... lol. Might as well put some 2.73's from the older GT's in... yuck...:(

I'm running Nitto DR's on back, 305/35-18, with Nitto 255/30(i think)-18's on front. It's not a huge difference, but the body has a noticeable angle in its stance. I'll try to take pictures if I have any free time.