Anyone running the Crane Pro-Curve Billet Distributor?

jcode68

Jul 15, 2003
Massachussetts
I decided to go with the Crane Pro-Curve Billet distributor and their HI-6S CD ignition box for my new 347 last year. The reason I went this way was the technology in the distributor is all digital and does not require spring swaps for dialing in mechanical advance or adjustments to a vacuum advance, both are controlled by switches. The reason for my post is that I am not sure what settings would be best for my setup, I don't think I have my timing dialed in optimally and was wonderring if anyone else on Stangnet is running this setup, how do you have yours set? I'm just getting the Stang out for Spring and tuning/timing is first on my list since it was running crappy when I put it up last fall. My specs are:
347 with AFR 185 heads, roller cam & valvetrain (sorry, don't know the cam specs at the moment), Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley Street Avenger 670, Hooker Comps into Flowmasters. I believe the compression ratios is 9.5:1 (it's been a while since I looked at the build sheet from CHP, but can dig it up if needed).

• Sponsors (?)