Anyone running the holley Systemax 1 Intake

winder

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Orlando, FL
I just installed my new Holley Systemax 1 lower. I may be wrong but I think I lost some lower torque. I have not driven the car because I am restoring it since I bougt it 5 months ago. Has anybody installed one and experienced the samething- loosing lower end torque? The ports looked good and I used a air gun and all the ports sounded the same except 1 and 5 where there is a little dog leg. But the ports were way better than a stock lower. I had a extruded honed stock lower on my other mustang and I notice a change. And the port sizes looked the same. Or is it just me. It's a stock engine.

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking to purchase the same intake for a relatively stock engine, and was told not to because of the large ports/high flow. This would definitely kill low end torque. Apparently the early systemax lowers didn't flow as much, but then they changed the casting.

The original casting had smaller runners (still not small) than a later revised casting. Don't hear much about results of the SMI here on the boards. I think it's a great choice for a Kenne Bell blower.