Anyone use the spyder intake?

• Sponsors (?)

I run one on my 331. (Hey, that rhymes)

It’s definitely a higher RPM intake, not to say the car is hurting for torque down low, but I will tell you the car pull all the way to redline like a banshee.

You still need to take the upper intake elbow off to remove the passenger side valve cover, but since the 4 bolts/nuts are right out in the open, it’s seriously a 30 second job.

However, if I could do it all over again, I would get the edelbrock EFI intake they just came out with, cheaper, and the fuel rails look a lot better.

The intake does get a lot of compliments though, and when you see a car that runs it, you just know the thing is built extremely stout.

That intake is too big for a 306, you will have low RPM driveability issues.

unless your building a car that will be boosted, or see high RPMs constantly, do not use the intake on a 302/306 engine, you will regret it

The spyder style carb intakes are not fit for 99% of the small cube motors out, unless they are all out drag motors, lots of compression, lots of head and lots of rpm. If your looking at the Probe/CHP Spyders they are available in both a Vic Jr stlye lower and a Super Vic. Edelbrock just released their own version which has the bungs cast in, it is a Super Vic. They also now offer some elbows as well, box style, standard and low profile.. Prices aren't bad.

Personally a Cobra, Performer or Street Heat will feed all a E7 even ported can take...