anyone who has driven or ever worked on a front wheel drive car...

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not familiar with this part. I would not have guessed a Topaz even had those. :D
Good luck.

As a former Topaz owner I can attest that there isn't even 1 of those anywhere on that car.:rlaugh:

To the original poster, I was reading on a Taurus/Sable forum that a wheel bearing failure can result in the wheel exiting the vehicle, so if you determine that the wheel bearing is the problem you might want to fix that asap.

they have a taurus/ sable forum :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

That's what I was thinking, but those places came in handy when I was looking for a DD for the Mrs. It's easy to glean information about what goes wrong with them and such. One of the issues with a car I was looking at was a loud grumbling noise, turned out it was a wheel bearing, so I avoided buying the car. Now that she has a Windstar(overgrown Taurus), I managed to find.....yes a Windstar forum. Needless to say, performance mods aren't a topic for discussion....:D

As a former Topaz owner I can attest that there isn't even 1 of those anywhere on that car.:rlaugh:

To the original poster, I was reading on a Taurus/Sable forum that a wheel bearing failure can result in the wheel exiting the vehicle, so if you determine that the wheel bearing is the problem you might want to fix that asap.

well, i would suppose that in the worst case scenario, ya the wheel could come off, or the bearing could seize, i just wanted to know how likely, and i will have it fixed before the week is out, spring break comes up this weekend!! as for nads, you are mistaken my friend... this thing is "all bawlzzz" a 2.0 or 2.2 L 4 banger and 3 speed gold "queen of the road" will take no prisoners... actually, i should post some pics up here of the beast, i think you'd get a kick out of it... i bought it off of an 86 year old grandmother from a trailer park... she pulled out of the local church and i saw the for sale sign in the back window so i followed her to her house, i bet she was a little creeped out, but i wound up with a real beaut! haha 60K and obviously never beat on for a grand. it sure beats takin the stang out in teh snow ice and salt! p.s. could someone just give me a quick rundown on posting pics. ill search for a tutorial but ive never posted em up here

after all this crap, i looked up the job online and its a friggin biotch to do... i think i might need to take it to a garage... i need a three jawed hub puller, a beraing puller, and a bearing press...all of which i dont have. plus the wheel, hub, front tie rods and suspension all have to be removed... thats the short version of the story. the long version is almost 40 steps. AHHH!!!