anyone with an inline fuel pump please help

K.C.90gt

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2000
Detroit Area, MI
I am probably gonna get the universal inline Walbro GSL392 pump (255lph) and wanted to know what size inlet/outlet adapters I will need. I have stock fuel lines and tank/filter/etc... Also does anyone know if this is the high pressure version. I found it on www.fuel-pumps.net link and I have no idea what size adapters to get. Feel free to give opinions on this pump if you have it or know someone who does, or if you think a different pump is better. What else do I need to hook this pump up? Will I need more fuel lines? sorry for all the questions but I just want everything right and ready for when I install it so I dont have to make a bunch of trips to the hardware store.

• Sponsors (?)

you running stock type lines with it? i just installed two of these and they are awesome, they support my 510RWHP and 127MPH trap speeds! check on the fuel-pumps.net site they have a whole list of fittings including the stock type fittings

Scott

blown1989saleen said:
you running stock type lines with it? i just installed two of these and they are awesome, they support my 510RWHP and 127MPH trap speeds! check on the fuel-pumps.net site they have a whole list of fittings including the stock type fittings

Scott
i know they have a list of fittings but what size fittings fit the stock lines? Will I need two of these pumps or just one? I have a walbro 255lph intank right now..

I know where to install it I just dont know what fitting adapter sizes I will need when I order this, its a universal pump and you have to pick the adapter fitting size.. I was just wondering what size I need to fit the stock ford fuel lines, like what size are the fuel filter nipples that the hose connects to...

so 8mm would be alright? cool thanks.. I need to get a relay too for this pump also, a 30 amp right? I think I remember reading that somewhere.... I just want to make sure I have everything i need before I start the install..

A 9mm might be better, I'm not sure. I've never cut the fuel line and put one in, butif it doesn't fit im shure you could make it somehow, can you e-mail/call them and ask?

The fuel line is usually like 3/8"

As far as the relay goes, a 30amp should be more than enough, you could even use a 40amp cause it's the same size, I think most come labeled as 40/30a. A fuel pump does not draw that much amerage, im guessing like around 10amps or so, if that much...

the part # you want is 128-3012 this will be a stock style fitting that will fit the stock lines WITHOUT cutting. i had to do a search to find pictures of the fittings but this is the one you want. BTW go to radioshack and get a 30A automotive relay and youll be set, find the trigger wire for the stock pump and run off of it for the prime power, the rest of the wire hookups are cake work.

Scott

blown1989saleen said:
the part # you want is 128-3012 this will be a stock style fitting that will fit the stock lines WITHOUT cutting. i had to do a search to find pictures of the fittings but this is the one you want.

Scott

Thanks Scott! thats exactly what I wanted to know, so I get the 128-3012 bundy fitting for both inlet and outlet and I should be all set right?

blown1989saleen said:
yeah get two of those and youll be ready, those pumps are awesome i run two of them and they are near dead quiet :flag:

Scott

you really think I need two of them? I have a 255 intank already.. what intank u running? I dont know how much power I'll be making but i dont think I'll hit the 500 RWHP like you. How much better is it by running two? seems kinda overkill... thanks again

K.C.90gt said:
you really think I need two of them? I have a 255 intank already.. what intank u running? I dont know how much power I'll be making but i dont think I'll hit the 500 RWHP like you. How much better is it by running two? seems kinda overkill... thanks again
:lol: no man i meant two of the fittings :) not the pumps. you have a intank also right? that will support a huge amount of power. i run dual GSL392's with a pickup in place of a intank pump, i dont run an intank pump at all :nice:

Scott

blown1989saleen said:
:lol: no man i meant two of the fittings :) not the pumps. you have a intank also right? that will support a huge amount of power. i run dual GSL392's with a pickup in place of a intank pump, i dont run an intank pump at all :nice:

Scott

:rlaugh: okok... I thought you meant the pumps for some reason, I guess I was thinking about how you were running two and that stuck in my head .. hehe.. alright I'll get two of those fittings and order that baby.. Thanks again Scott.