Anything different?

thomsonc

Feb 6, 2006
This is probably a dumb question, but I'd rather know than guess. I have an '01 GT auto. It sits in a garage 10 months out of the year. I've been doing this for the past 3 years now. I work in different countries 10 months out of the year. Anyways, there's about 40,000 miles on it. Is there anything different I should do every June when I put it back on the road? I'm pretty religious about my oil changes. What do you guys think? Regular tune up is okay? I have an automatic car starter, so 1-3 times a month while I am gone, my brother in law will start it up, and then it'll shut off automatically after 8 minutes.
The car is completely stock, and I'm coming back to the States in 8 days and that's when I'll be putting it back on the road. First thing I'll do is the oil...anything else you guy might suggest? Thanks guys...:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

the oil should actually be changed every 3 months or 3k miles. oil sitting in an engine gets pretty nasty too. chacking the belt is a good idea, as are checking tires for dry rotting. you might wanna thingk about putting the car on jackstands too while youre gone for 8 months. the tires can bubble from sitting on one spot for too long. just check all your fluids to make sure they look good