AOD DOA...What could it be?

• Sponsors (?)

superhuaman said:
Well that sounds more like clutches / bands then. I've heard of people doing it in only a couple miles though, because they drive like they normally do :rolleyes: and don't know anything is wrong. :bang:

Well I checked the fluid again when I got home. There was a nice black residue on the dipstick. Aint that a bitch!

That sucks... at least you know what happened now. Which Lentech valve body do you have? Some of them eliminate the TV cable and some don't. I think the Strip Terminator is the one that gets rid of it. I really hate to say it, but you probably shoulda got that one. :Damnit: I mean I know it's $549, but that woulda been cheaper than a tranny. I'm not trying to make it worse. I'm just not sure if my built AOD is built the way I want it.

superhuaman said:
That sucks... at least you know what happened now. Which Lentech valve body do you have? Some of them eliminate the TV cable and some don't. I think the Strip Terminator is the one that gets rid of it. I really hate to say it, but you probably shoulda got that one. :Damnit: I mean I know it's $549, but that woulda been cheaper than a tranny. I'm not trying to make it worse. I'm just not sure if my built AOD is built the way I want it.

Yeah I think I have the street and oh look...they are on sale right now for $349.:notnice: Guess I should have gotten that one huh. Oh well, live and learn. So what do I do for a tranny now. I called and they said $849 to rebuild. I know I can get a rebuilt one off ebay for cheaper than that.

94 Cobra 5.0 said:
its time for someone to do a t-5 swap. :D

LOL, Good one! Some one (hint: it's me!) ;) has 4.11 gears! What little I did get to drive it, I had to shift fast.

Oh and traction in first gear...haha...another good one! I laid 6 ft. of rubber shifting into second and the tires weren't already spinning either. lol. Atleast it was fun while it lasted.

does $849 include removal/install? if so thats pretty good....ask what it would be if you dropped the tranny off out of the car. I had a bad experience with buying one on line....if i rebuild another one..i'm gonna order the upgraded parts i want an have it rebuilt the way i want it (if i dont do a t5)...one of my friends went to a c-4 cuz of aod reliablity issues...got a used c-4 an had it rebuilt for a lot less than doing his aod.

lang williams said:
does $849 include removal/install? if so thats pretty good....ask what it would be if you dropped the tranny off out of the car. I had a bad experience with buying one on line....if i rebuild another one..i'm gonna order the upgraded parts i want an have it rebuilt the way i want it (if i dont do a t5)...one of my friends went to a c-4 cuz of aod reliablity issues...got a used c-4 an had it rebuilt for a lot less than doing his aod.

$895(did I say $849? oops) was me taking the tranny out and taking it too them. It was $1100 for them to do it all. $200 is pretty cheap for me to not have to f' with it. Then they can set the tv cable properly too. If I get a new tranny, I will probably take it to them. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I guess I have until spring to decide.

A nice new lentech trans would be pretty nice...I'm assuming I could probably sell my valve body for a couple hundred. Hopefully I can have my converter flushed...if not, I think those tranny's come with converters anyway. And NO TV CABLE!!

I thought about a C4 and I actually have one (original tranny), but then I wouldn't have overdrive and with 4.11 gears that would kinda bite.