• Donor AOD

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jester67

Sep 21, 2004
TN
I am looking for opinions, is it better to get an AOD from a donor or buy one from a company like lentech or PA? If the donor wrought is OK then what is the best donor car, is they’re some to stay away from. I am going to have to do something about my leaking C4 and am looking at my options.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I would vote new or rebuilt. I don't think theres any ones to avoid like the plague, they're all about the same as far as I know. Do a little research, Baumman Engineering has a lot of tech info : www.becontrols.com

They're really not too hard to rebuild if you're mechanically inclined at all. A Haynes or Chilton manual, some regular tools, a bench and a parts cleaner are about all you need. Oh, and get the special seal installers, they are a must.

Nothing like new parts! That said, I will be pulling my AOD in favor of a t-5 in the next few years. I hate automatics.

IIRC 1990+ are the better years. I think it had something to do with a stronger output shaft???? I'm sure you will be able to find out from Lentech or Baumman.