AODE - T5 swap

• Sponsors (?)

i don't think the driveshaft is different.. But if i were you i'd just stick with the AODE.. not the stock one though.. I just had mine rebuilt 701 miles ago :)

2800 convertor, kevlar clutchs, shiftkit, and the computer reprogrammed. he also rebuilt the whole thing for 1600. was well worth it, but I needed a new tranny anyway..so yeah.. I coulda used that money for a new engine :-\

it's a damper on the aode ds. i did the convertion a year ago and have both. the length is the same, so both will work. preferrably, get the ds off the t5 donor car, though... and don't forget to swap computers. it'll run like poop if you run a t5 with the aode 'puter.

tb94gt said:
it's a damper on the aode ds. i did the convertion a year ago and have both. the length is the same, so both will work. preferrably, get the ds off the t5 donor car, though... and don't forget to swap computers. it'll run like poop if you run a t5 with the aode 'puter.

How does it run bad: what does it do?

i used the aode conputer with the t5 for a couple of weeks until i got back to get the right computer, and i'll say this... you can use it without damaging anything, but you'll be really irritated. example-coasting to a stop in neutral-anything above 5-8 mph, the computer ran the rpms to about 2500, then they would drop to idle under 5 mph. use it if you have to, but plan on a new comp. you can use it as an exchange at checker-autozone or whatever. take that one in and get the right one. about $95

I kept the AODE computer in for a couple of weeks after the install, car would buck at higher rpms, it got really annoying. Changed the computer and it stopped, the car actually felt slower after tho...