April 1 option available

Art161

Sep 26, 2006
San Francisco
There is an option available on the Mustang for orders placed April 1, 2008. Orders must be placed on that date.

Following the rousing success of the Sync system that was developed by Ford and Microsoft, the two companies have teamed up to give us 'Stang folks an opportunity for a Ford and Microsoft option.

If you order this option, you will have an enhanced braking system. When you step on the brake pedal, a message will appear on your gauge cluster, "Are you sure you want to brake?"

You then press either a "Yes" or "No" button. These buttons are located on the steering wheel spokes. If there is a problem, there will be a message, "Program is not responding." The brakes will not be applied. There will then be a message, "Do you want to report the problem to Microsoft?" You use the "Yes" or "No" buttons to reply, if you are able to do so at this point.

It is estimated that delivery time on vehicles with this option will be approximately three months from date of order (April 1 only), although it could be up to three years.

NOTE: This post was approved in advance by the moderators, who waived the prohibition on "nonsense" posts for this April Fool's Day post.

• Sponsors (?)

At least that gives the operator a chance to choose an option.
Otherwise you step on the brake pedal and get this, "Your braking system has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown. Would you like to report this?" Yes I would!...SLAM!!!!!!!!!!! "911, I need a 'bambulance'!!!!!!!":rlaugh:

I hate April 1 jokes. As a former journalist, now an educator, I can tell you that April 1 jokes in print have gotten many people in trouble because a gullible public believed the stories.
You had me going at first because I would love to have Sync in my Mustang.